GD shoulderboards sos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GD shoulderboards sos

I bought these GD shoulderstraps at the SOS. The scource is reputable and they come with a return guarrentee and as I really struggle with these I would appretiate comments. Jacques
    Attached Files

Back. Scott your comments would be appretiated. jacques
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi
      in my book the straps are both well known copys.
      statement:
      The GD script is to flat
      The most late war originals are smaler

Best Regards Andreas

Comment

Gd

I would pass on these. One of the big dealers has bunches of these GD M-40 straps in just about any "flavor" (Waffenfarbe). Original GD straps are hard to find and when someone has "bunches" of them, it is not a good sign.

Comment

Thanx guys, I am not disputing, just need to be very sure, before I return them. Here is a close up of the embroidery. Jacques
          Attached Files

Comment

qqq
            Attached Files

Comment

Jacques,
              The embroidered type you have is not the same as the embroidery on the "other" boards that everyone seems to disdain so much. This particular embroidery is identical to a pair offered by "The Ruptured Duck" for about $1,200.00. His set is still tied together with string, as were yours at some point in the not too distant past. I will not make a judgement call as to originality, just the observations I pointed out. Good luck,

Richard

Comment

I have sold these lately and as the buyer thinks they are fakes I would appreciate more discussions. They came with a life time COA, so if they are not good, I will return them to the original dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
                  I would pass on these. One of the big dealers has bunches of these GD M-40 straps in just about any "flavor" (Waffenfarbe). Original GD straps are hard to find and when someone has "bunches" of them, it is not a good sign.
                  Agree...

Just look at the latest HH auction...

Comment

The boards exhibit all of the characteristics of an original set. Please post a blow-up of the of the piping on post 6 if possible, and the back seam on post 5.

Comment

Here are additional photos, more opinions are welcome, thanks!

Comment

I am sorry.

Hello,

IMO these straps are well done fakes.
                        I have discussed this type before with a good friend and expert.
                        I noticed that often when the back of the GD-straps is stitched together, imitating the backings of straps that were made of leftovers of cloth, are fake.
                        In these cases the stitching makes no sense because both pieces of fabrisc are identical. I mean same colour, same texture,etc...

Regards,
                        Thierry

Comment

Is there a gap between the two pieces of cloth on the backside seam?

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                            Is there a gap between the two pieces of cloth on the backside seam?
                            No, I can't see any gaps. Pls see pics below:

Comment

I see a gap, it is hard to see, but it is there. This is a good sign. The embroidery looks like the strap on the bottom left of page 254 of Vol 1 in Scott Pritchett's GD book. I have no issues with the backside material. There are many similar examples in the reference books. It is common to fashion straps from scraps from the same bolt of material. The piping looks ok too. There are other positive indicators as well.
                              Last edited by brooksbz; 01-06-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X