Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Late M43 Tunic

Howdy all!

I wanted to show off my late, late 44 dated M43 tunic. This tunic has some wear but the majority of the nap is left. The one thing about this tunic is how coarse the material is. I don't think it is 100% wool? It seems way to coarse. Looks to be a blend of a little wool and some other animal hair, possibly horse hair? This has got to be the coarsest material I have ever dealt with. The eagle is machine sewn and not through the lining. Generally speaking the tunic has a rushed look to it. The sewing overall is crude. The markings are faint but "P44" shows and the chest size is 102.

Actually the wool(?) is so coarse that it has done some minor damage to the satin lining.

Steve
    Last edited by airborne_steve; 02-10-2007, 02:35 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Steve, It looks to me like a good late war tunic, the fabric on mine which is marked 43, is also very coarse. Nice one, now you only need the m44. Jacques

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I just received the water flask the other day. Looks cool with the M43.

Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve
                    this is a nice and honest tunic, and its made with italian wool! Dont worry there isn't blended with any kind of animal hair
                    Anthony

Comment

8 Here is one with my mint M42 helm.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Eagle is zig-zag sewn and has a few picks and pulls that has given sloppy look to the sewing, but origional. The tabs are machine sewn as well.

I like this tunic even though it has some flaws.

Steve
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by airborne_steve; 02-10-2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Anthony,

I guess I should have known it was italian wool. Man it is course! I have seen horse blankets that were softer.

Jacques

I'm solwly getting there. Glenn seems to be one step in front of me and gets all the choice tunics! The M44 tunic is not my favorite tunic so it may be a while before I get one. I want to pick up a M43 with the bluegreen collar and shoulder boards/straps. Also, I have my eye on a panzer tunic. Stay tooned.

Steve

Comment

Nice looking jacket Steve. I believe the long 'hairs' on the jacket are cellulose fibers. (someone please correct me if I am wrong)

I thought this jacket was more green when I first seen it.

Glenn
                              Attached Files
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X