Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unissued M40 luft tunic opions wanted/needed

Hello,

My name is David Steele and I have been collecting for 25 years. I like uniforms and headgear. I recently purchased a m40 unissued Luftwaffe blouse. It has the remains of the thread and bits of the paper issue tag still on the left lower sleeve. The breast eagle is there but never made it to the collar tab department. Please advise me as to what you would do if you were me. I am thinking about making it flak with a pair of original collar tabs with no gulls. I need original red cotton thread for this. Can anyone help? I also have a m44 army unissued tunic that had it's breast eagle removed and will post photos later for advise. Opinions wanted!!!!!

Thank you,
    Dave Steele
    Last edited by david steele; 02-10-2007, 02:03 PM.

I'd leave them both as-is
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I might loosely tack stitch some insignia on strictly for display purposes. That way they would not punch holes into the material that weren't originally there and everything could be returned "as found" in the future.

Comment

Hello David

Welcome to the Forum, I am new member also. This is great place to learn and share knowledge. I would leave everything alone. IMHO, don't like to disturb history...

regards
        Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X