Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General collar tabs

Gents,

I have had this pair of general collar tabs for some years in my collection and I would like to get some opinions on them. Dont be shy beacuse I didnt pay much for them. One detail thats definately different from others I have seen is a "straight" embroidered bar" instead of a 3 clover at the top of the rainbow looking embroidery. otherwise embroidery is of nice quality.

Any ideas?

"Felix" - N. Hansson
    Attached Files

Close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not like that style of tab, but from the photo believe they are period examples,although they are a little sloppy
        Dave
        DaveJ

Comment

Thanks for the comment! Could be early war manufacture due to all bullion and construction?

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Well, no other opinions? Dont be shy and please comment!

Cheers,
            "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

I would echo Dave's comments in that I've seen period examples of similar construction to these. I'm assuming that is predominately gold wire, with a lighter gold color bullion thread for highlights?

I've seen modern repros that replicate this style, though they were made in nylon.

Comment

Yes its in all metal golden bullion. I agree about the fakes made of synthetic materials! So its fair to assume its early war manufacure since it consists only of two repeated patterns and not 3 as later in the war? And I guess that bullion was used mostly early in the war? I agree that there are some small differences in the details of the hand embroidery.

Cheers,
                Felix

Comment

Hello Gents,

I'm just trying to educate myself on this topic. I've included this photo to try and get a better idea regarding the straight versus clover leaf pattern mentioned.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X