Arm Shield , Arm Patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm Shield , Arm Patch?

Forum Members, I found this item several years ago in a box with German World War Two insignia (mostly police insignia). I have never been able to identify it. Is it military? Is it World War one era? Is it post 1945? The shield is mounted on red felt which the moths have taken their lunch (as found). This item measures 2 9/16 inches tall X 2 inches wide. I thought I should show it here before I toss it out. Any help would be appreciated.........Harry C
    Attached Files

Arm Shield?

View of the reverse side where the moth damage is. ........Harry C
    Attached Files

Comment

I think its for French Resistance or Foreign legion....not a German item anyways.

Comment

Hello
        Nothing to do with the French ,it is from Belgium. I have seen it before but I cannot remember where.
        Best Regards
        Pierre-Yves

Comment

Arm shield - Arm patch ?

Forum members, The last member said that this patch is from Belgium but wasn't sure what it was made to be. Can any other forum member help me with this please? ........Harry C

Comment

Hi Harry, I say Belgian too. The colours are correct for their national flag and the rampant lion is a symbol used by the Belgian army. Sorry I cannot tell you exactly what is is though. But I would say it is Allied in nature and not WH related.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Maybe for belguim national in service of allied army..used like the france patch seen on us ike jackets...Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X