KM Chaplain uniform at the SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Chaplain uniform at the SOS

Hello all, in the 2006 SOS someone had a complete KM chaplain uniform for sell, does anybody remember who has it?

Any help will be great. Thanks in advance.
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

I hope someone took some photos!! I would love to see it!!

Comment

Here you have Paul. I hope that finally it could be added to my collection.

Where was I one year ago?, o yes I was at home with my beautiful wife .
      Attached Files

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

You and me both!

Thanks for posting the photo. This is the only one I have ever seen. The blue cloth is a first for me as well!

In the background...the Coastal Arty tunic seems to have the type of pockets I have seen on the Swiss re-enactors tunics. Could be the angle of the photo...

Comment

tunic

Hi all, be very careful when getting this tunic! couple points to look at:

1. The hat insignia are the type being reproduced out of the orient right now, take a good look at the hat and make sure it is not a Janke or Frankenstien

2. That cross is just crazy--looks like they put a wall crusifix on a chain -- the largest crosses I have seen in period photos are not that big

3. The stahl has swasticas on it........I have never seen a photo with a swastica on a stahl! Crosses yes, swasticas no! Very wierd, enough to make me run away

4. The insignia is hte first type navy--VERY RARE! Also begining to be reproduced...look at the leaves of the tabs, if they do not have the detail you would expect from good high ranking SS bullion work...run away!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Liontas View Post
            Hi all, be very careful when getting this tunic! couple points to look at:

1. The hat insignia are the type being reproduced out of the orient right now, take a good look at the hat and make sure it is not a Janke or Frankenstien

2. That cross is just crazy--looks like they put a wall crusifix on a chain -- the largest crosses I have seen in period photos are not that big

3. The stahl has swasticas on it........I have never seen a photo with a swastica on a stahl! Crosses yes, swasticas no! Very wierd, enough to make me run away

4. The insignia is hte first type navy--VERY RARE! Also begining to be reproduced...look at the leaves of the tabs, if they do not have the detail you would expect from good high ranking SS bullion work...run away!
            Hello Chris, and thanks for your comments. I agree with you in all, the cross and the stahl are very rare. With this picture the uniform and the cap looks OK, but you have to be very careful and look every thing very slowly.

Regards
            Eduardo

Comment

tunic

Isn't that tunic button wrong???? Men's tunics button left over right this one is buttoned right over left!!!! And I doubt that it is a for a Nunn

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                Isn't that tunic button wrong???? Men's tunics button left over right this one is buttoned right over left!!!! And I doubt that it is a for a Nunn
                Yup. The tunic is indeed buttoned incorrectly and that crucifix is just crazy. Perhaps the first Nazi rapper? Too many red flags with this set-up.

Mark

Comment

I would use a 10 foot pole with this one.

Gerard

Comment

My tunic as an example.
                    The crucifix is exactly like that in Angolia's work.

I agree with the stole (it is spelled Stole not stahl). I have not seen a swastika on a stole, but I have seen a swastika on funeral garments which look like a stole.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Chap15; 02-06-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I agree lots of major red flags...like swastikas on the sash... (or whatever you call it), Rapper size cross (that's obviously a wall ornament!) and the worst of all a double breasted KM tunic buttoned up the female way!!! .... What a joke!
                      Also the kriegsmarine coastal tunic in the back ground (as commented by an earlier poster) is also garbage... its a converted Swede!!... I've never been to SOS but its the best show in the country or the world I'm hearing. This picture definitely does not help with the show's reputation!!! my gosh! Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MLH13 View Post
                        Perhaps the first Nazi rapper?

Mark

Glenn

Comment

stahl as I understand, traslated from German to English is stole.
                          Last edited by Chris Liontas; 02-07-2007, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                            Also the kriegsmarine coastal tunic in the back ground (as commented by an earlier poster) is also garbage... its a converted Swede!!...
                            Thanks for the confirmation!

Comment

[quote=Chris Liontas;1824551]
                              The stahl has swasticas on itquote]

Chris, wow, I thought that is how you all spell and talk up there in the great white. Is swasticas also the German spelling too for swastikas???

How about a little Latin and French...
                              The word Chaplain has its roots in the Latin word "cappa," meaning cloak. French clerics accompanying military forces to battle wore distinctive capes called "capella". Eventually these clergy were called "chapelains," hence the American word Chaplain. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

I looked in my German Christian Movement for swastikas (or swasticas) on stoles or stahls and I did not see any. My German stole from my grouping is very soiled as is other WWII US stoles I have. The one at the SOS seems too clean, almost like part of a curtain.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X