Flak Collar Tabs, Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flak Collar Tabs, Original?

I recently acquired these. can you tell me something about them? Are they for a major?

What about the hardware on the back?

What is a fair e-stand value for these?

thanks!

Alex
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex, you are correct, rank is for Major.

I have never seen any fitted with hooks like this before. I would suspect they were made, or should I say converted, to go on a summer weight tunic, so they could easily be removed to allow the tunic to be washed?

No idea on value, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
        Hi Alex, you are correct, rank is for Major.

I have never seen any fitted with hooks like this before. I would suspect they were made, or should I say converted, to go on a summer weight tunic, so they could easily be removed to allow the tunic to be washed?

No idea on value, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
        Thanks. I have seen them fitted with snaps. correct? for just that purpose, so I suppose you are correct in your assumption. It looks period done.

Comment

Hi Alex, yes, snap fasteners are more often seen

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Very nice.... Here is one of my sets with clips. Tabs with these appliances are not common at all.

I would think that the clips would add a bit of a premium to the set, as I am sure that there are tunics out there missing the tabs. (I have seen a few).

I would think that someone who needed them would pay 80-100 dollars for them.
            Attached Files

Comment

back... (I bought them from Weitze).
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I agree with Paul ref his pricing. The hooks are nice and would add a slight premium to the tabs but not much. Any type of fasenting device on Luftwaffe tabs are rare. I have only seen a few and only own 2 sets. Of the 2 types of fastening devices I have seen (snaps and hooks); snaps are the more common of the 2.

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Here are a set(orange) with the snap type fasteners... notice that two are missing from each tab. Despite this, evidence of their presence remains.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice and interesting pieces.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on my pair of tabs. They are the first I have ever bought. Nice to know they are a bit unusual.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X