What Uniform is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Uniform is this?

Would these troops be Foreign Volunteers of the SS or Heer? Look at the cap he's wearing it look like a M43 Cap without the bill. What about the buttonhole ribbon? A combat ribbon shouldn't be worn that way right?

[ 14 September 2001: Message edited by: Shawn Rawls ]

shawn, i'll take a stab, from the armband and the belt buckle i say ss postschutz. tony

Comment

Hi Shawn,
      these guys are German, probably older Landwehr soldiers in a cobbled together collection of uniforms. The armband is the standard National Railways one (so they are being used as auxilliaries on the railroad), the sidecaps are standard Heer M34 pattern and the belts are army issue as well. The tunic in the forground is a regular M40 pattern while that on the right with more buttons is a Reichwehr pattern one.

The insignia is a mystery to me....but it's obvious these guys are old reservists that have been pulled in and given whatever is available, and then put to work for the railroads.

Hope that helps. Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

G'day
        I've seen pictures of Railways shoulder straps showing a winged bogie wheel with a number below. the chap in the background shows a should board with what looks like an eagle or it could be the winged bogie wheel with a number. The picture isn't clear enough to tell.
        I don't know hwat sort of collar patches were worn with this insignia though.

Scott

Comment

Any ideas on the buttonhole ribbon? Westwall maybe? WWI?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X