Luftwaffe tropical short sleeved shirt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe tropical short sleeved shirt.

Hi Guys, reading the earlier thread on tropical uniforms inspired me to post up these pics of my shirt. I bought this one many years ago for £2.50 That dates me as well as the shirt
    The shirt has seen little or no wear. I added the HBT Flak shoulder straps, as you all know how hard it is to find a pair of good tropical shoulder straps.
    Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Close up of the stamps to the inside of the collar.
    Attached Files

Comment

Luftwaffe breast eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Nice shirt! Tropical straps are out there, keep looking. But yes, authentic pairs, especially tunic ones, are very scarce.

Regards,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Tropical shoulder tabs

Hi Adrian (+John),
          You should find some original tropical-shirt flight or signal shoulder tabs at Beltring this year. A lot of original ones hit the European market a few years ago when someone found two handbags ( I kid you not !!) in a flea-market (in France ?) made out of original , tropical shoulder- boards. One was made of yellow waffenfarbe tabs and the other of orange tabs. All the tabs were sewn to each other through their waffenfarbe cords. They have all subsequently been seperated and sold-on, but can easily be distinguished by the small stitching holes left in the waffen-cords. Many foreign dealers prefer these holed ones because they know that they are at least genuine. BTW , if you carefully soak them in water the holes almost completely disappear.
          I bought some 2 years ago when they first appeared.
          Things turn up in the strangest places !

Regards

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Those Luft tropical boards have made it over here. I see them at shows in Pa. A dealer who frequently goes to Germany brought back a few dozen pair. They each have been sewn through the piping. I could never figure out why they had been sewn together.

I agree the shirt is nice.

Steve, I was thinking about Beltring this year. When is it??

Willi
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for the tip about the shoulder straps. I will certainly keep an eye out for these now.

Hi Willi, if you can make it over to Beltring I am sure you would enjoy the event. Here is a link to the shows website:

http://www.thewarandpeaceshow.com/

Glad you both like the shirt. It is huge. I suspect that is why it perhaps never got issued.
              Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Tropical Straps

Hi Guys
                I too have a pair of these sewn together straps, I got them with my Tropical Jacket. I wondered wht the little holes were, then I Met the dealer at Beltring last year and he told me the same story. I thought he was having me on. It's good to know I have a pair of original yellow piped on my jacket.
                I will try the trick with the water.
                Leeb

Comment

I to met this dealer at beltring, he showed me one of the shopping bags, which he had taken tabs, from. I think the asking price was 80 pounds per pair. The best part of the bag was the handels they were made from tropical ties as was the bace of the bag.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X