Luft work tunic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft work tunic?

A friend found this tunic: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    - fliegerbluse style without external pockets, covered front closure,<o></o>
    - green HBT drill,<o></o>
    - never had an eagle,<o></o>
    - RB number marked, no visible size marks,<o></o>
    - three ventilation hole under each armpit,<o></o>
    - five belt hook eyelets on a reinforcing patch, on each side, no tongue,<o></o>
    - a single left side interior patch pocket,<o></o>
    - heer feldbluse style sleeve cuff closure,<o></o>
    - five interior buttons for the false collar,<o></o>
    - buttoned closure tongue under the left side of the collar,<o></o>
    It make me think about a kind of Luftwaffe work uniform, maybe a flak servants one.<o></o>
    Does anyone ever see one of these?<o></o>
    Thank you. <o></o>
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

pic 7
              Attached Files

Comment

pic 8, the last one! (I'm connected with a cell phone)
                Attached Files

Comment

pic 8, retrying with the last one
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interesting but never seen. Sorry, I can't help you.

Comment

I have never seen one of these in green. But, it looks exactly like the Luftwaffe tan ones. So, it is possible. Is there anyway to see some more details, such as the front buttons and how they are buttoned?
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I used to own a green one. I think they are okay. You'll find the "flak" HBT trousers in green as well. Looks to be nice.

Comment

Thank you to everyone, I found a white one on the “Collector’s Guild” site, it is exactly the same. I will try to have more details as the tunic isn’t mine. My friend show me a small photo of a flak servants in an old French book, I think it is the same jacket.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                          Do you think this tunic is closely associated to the flak?, it make me thought about a general purpose one, distributed to anyone that didn’t have a work with a dedicated uniform, something like the army one.<o></o>
                          I never see a tan one in HBT (there is one in canvas on the “Collector’s Guild” site), may you post a photo of it?<o></o>
                          Thank you to everyone<o></o>
                          Dario<o></o>

Comment

I don't think that they are strictly associated with flak units. I think it is just part of the work uniform used by the Luftwaffe. I thought that the trousers that went with this were recently on sale on the estand. I know that I've seen a pair recently for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                              I don't think that they are strictly associated with flak units. I think it is just part of the work uniform used by the Luftwaffe. I thought that the trousers that went with this were recently on sale on the estand. I know that I've seen a pair recently for sale.
                              Picking this old thread back up....
                              I agree not limited to FLAK...could have been used for summer field wear, fatigue duty/ maintenance,
                              like motorpool use...
                              Here's mine (embellished a little bit; rank winkel etc...added, had a ghost for one...)
                              to represent a Hermann Goering Division Armored Regiment vehicle driver!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 06-06-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X