General Cuff Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Cuff Patches

I think these Cuff Patches are good and original German WW2. They do not glow under blacklight and look like pieces I have seen on uniforms (photographs), but the 1941 stamp irritates me. Does anyone know more about this?

I have serious doubts about these. The embroidery is squashed together so the parts are not as distinctly outlined and symmetrical as one would like, and the threads look looser than they should be.

There aren't any dress uniforms over there,but if you check at
    http://www.germandaggers.com/germanuniforms.htm under "Armed Forces Uniform Forum" there are three generals' tunic topics (last posted 15, 11, and 5 August well down the page and back onto page 2) showing collar patches--two good and one bad.

I agree with you--there is absolutely no GOOD reason for a year date to be stamped on these like this. Rick

[ 06 September 2001: Message edited by: Rick Lundstrom ]

Comment

I agree with Rick. The tabs are too asymetrical and the formation of the leaves is pretty inconsistant. As for the '1941' stamp, that screams REPRO to me. I'm not positive they're fakes, but I am positive I wouldn't add them to my collection.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X