commando dagger scabbard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commando dagger scabbard?

Hello people. This time I've got a question about the scabbard of a third pattern English commando dagger. I've recently bought the handel an crossguard and will make the blade, but I don't have any pic's of the leather sheat or scabberd of this piece. Can someone post a few?
    And another thing is that I don't know how the original blade was fixed in the handel. Was is forged in, or screwd in and later fixed with a bolt?
    Many thanks in advance.

I will post you a pic directly. I do not know how to do it to the site? Give me a day or two. All my FS Knives are featured in a book," For King & Country". I have all three patterns.
    The scabbard for both the 2nd and 3rd pattern knives were the same, and have an elastic retaining strap to hold the handle in place.
    The third pattern knives blades have a tang that passes through the handle. The tang is threaded. A washer is screwed down onto this. The tang is then hammered (peened) over this, to secure it in place. Hope you can follow this ok?
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Adrian.
      Can you also tell me something about the sort of steel the blade was made of and can you send me a photo of the tang as well?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Peter, I have sent you some photos.
        Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X