No announcement yet.

General's tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooooo... It appears to me that militaria dealers are no different than any other antique peddlers/used car salesmen out there, n'est ce pas? WAF is invaluable is sniffing things like this out. What I don't understand is the continued outrage every time yet another fraud or scam is exposed. This really shouldn't shock anyone, but it should remind people to do their homework, and to have a very long memory about things like this - obviously, some dealers can wait over half a decade before trying to slip something by the unwashed masses yet again. I think it also demonstrates what some dealers think about their customers, and that they know that Barnum was right - otherwise, they would have gone the way of the dodo years ago.

Don

Comment

Wait a second! If we shall follow the strange logic some moderators use here, this thread shall now be closed, as I have bought many good things from Weitze during the last 25 years! Or this perhaps goes only for dealers in the USA?...

Comment

Here`s a screenshot of the headline and description of the former offer from a German forum where the tunic is also being discussed since it rose up again.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/28...nqnkw_jpg.htm#
        Last edited by 88 Luftballons; 04-24-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Deplorable!

Comment

I guess it got sold.

Comment

Nope:

https://www.weitze.net/detail/31/Weh...r__181531.html

But it did get split up.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                In the new article description now only the collar tabs and the breast eagle are said to be re-sewn to the tunic which implicates that the shoulder boards are not...
                Nice subliminal way to keep the tunic a general`s one instead of an arty tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X