An interesting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting question

it was usual for German officers or gerenals wearing several pin back awards like German cross, EK, war badge etc. my question is what happens to these awards if greatcoat is being worn? i mean did they remove those awards when wearing greatcoat? or keep them on. i have try to wear my German officer tunic with 3 pin back awards and with greatcoat buttom up. i found it was rather uncomfortable and the edge of some awards might demage interior of greatcoat. so why did the Geman do to their award? but if they did remove those pin back awards while wearing greatcoat where do they kepps those awards? any thoughts?

Hannibal:
    Hard to say. As a US Aemy officer, i have basically the same items to work with...ie, an overcoat/raincoat and service jacket which all awards are woen on (including breast badges). I certainly do not remove them. Never enough time to do so and always remove the coat when inside. I would suspect the same of German soldiers, as some things are just unbiversal to soldiers. Certainly ther are no German regulations I am aware of that dictate such.
    scott
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X