Runic Collar Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runic Collar Patches

Following the theme of a Cloth Forum I thought some members may be interested in starting a thread on runic collar patches.
    007 is posting a few of mine on my behalf. I will be interested to see any others.

Cheers
    Mark

Here are the tabs from Mark.

Steve...

Comment

Mark,

Some nice collar tabs you have there. What units do they represent? I especially like the tab with the lighting bolt.

Regards

Des

Comment

Des,

The Patches are those for: SSVT anti tank unit, Junker schule Tolz, Junker schule Braunschweig, SSVT Nachrichten sturmbann(Signals) SSVT Pioneer Sturmbann. All are other rank versions.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the info. As a matter of interest what sort of money do those type of tabs sell for?

Regards

Des

Comment

Mark;

Those are wonderful examples!! Thank you for sharing them!!

Tony
            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Great Collar Tabs! I'm very Envious, SS Collar Tabs and Cuff Titles are my areas of collecting .
              Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Des,
                In reply to your question about what the collar tabs are worth the answer is simply whatever you are prepared to pay for them. To give you an idea the cheapest was £400 the most expensive £750. But I have heard of some Totenkopf variants going for in excess of £1200 Officers flat wire bevo skull patch. Its mad really considering its less than 2 square inches of cloth and was made for a few reichspfenigs 60 years ago but I suppose thats the collectors bug. They probably have little resale value today due to the extreme mistrust of anything SS,but then again they weren't bought as an investment.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Mark,
                  In regards to resale value...I guess it depends on price. To an advanced SS collector these are some desirable pieces and as long as they are deemed real, it only then depends on price. Of course if some dealer wants an arm and a leg..then he will be holding on to them until someone with larger pockets comes along. There are limits to what a piece should sell for realisticly, and then there are the 'seller on Crack' prices which make you want to cringe. If we continue to pay unreal prices for our collectables we will need to find someone as crazy as us to eventually take them off our hands...assuming you want to make a profit or break even.

Greg

Comment

Mark,

Yikes I knew they would fetch a pretty penny but thats unreal. Very nice items though I`ve only got one piece of SS cloth myself. A tropical bevo eagle. I`ll post it under a bevo eagle thread soon.

Regards

Des

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X