Kriegsmarine Officer Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Officer Insignia

Some scans of KM officer insignia in my collection. A nice breast eagle and cap cockade. Both appear to have been taken from a tunic and cap respectively. The cockade is quite interesting as it still retains its paper backing and underneath the cloth backing is purple! << Is that common?

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OgAgVM8TOEcjP3djzpQmEf15nYqtJ1JEQo8mBz1C2tX7k8XKk MYmqAEy3bS*2SejgP3Iq3!*BZ3hF7jza*fVzbNWKeqDBXJL/km1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NgDCFfgSo*nhBohyb5zdGrRAndqHXY1BncPUeY*hnEfJakrXT S7wglm3IMYVik9VlKxQAKNK6r3TL!N1mvL7jw/km3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OgBFQtATbkcSKoghe4kVQLdBbmoBoA7d75*6AGFspovg2gNGh YVHKw5Y8iQhdd4O5hztWIzVcj39vZ02K8M6ditnvPBx*IdK/km2.jpg[/img]

Now I just need to find a KM officers cap eagle

Regards

Des

[ 26 August 2001: Message edited by: DesThomas ]

[ 26 August 2001: Message edited by: DesThomas ]

Des--are these both on gray/green backing (coastal artillery) or is there a color distortion?

Coastal artillery is scarcer than normal navy blue--scans of mine posted thanks to Francois under the naval officers' cap thread. Rick

To compare Kriegsmarine officers' cap insignia with the Imperial version they derived from, see scans just posted in the Imperial Forum.

[ 28 August 2001: Message edited by: Rick Lundstrom ]

Comment

Rejoice someone besides me can see the pics. I guess I`m not going crazy after all

Rick regarding your question,I`m a little unsure by what you meant exactly.

Do you mean the material on the front of the breast eagle? If so that does seems to have a greenish colour to it which is hard to pick up in the scan.
      The material on the cockade however is dark navy blue.

Hope this helps? and I`ll take a look at yours.

Regards

Des

Comment

Thanks Carl,

No unfortunately I dont have any KM shoulderboards
        I have various army and luftwaffe shoulderboards. Army and Luft items being my main area of collecting at the moment. But thats not to say I would`nt like to move more into the Kriegsmarine area. They had some nice gear

I like the sound of your U-Boat officers schiffchen. What tradition badge does it have?

Regards

Des

Comment

Carl,

I dont have many shoulder boards but below is the best of what I have. Forgive me but I`m just a lad of 23

Army Medical Leutnants slip on boards.
          Army Panzer Grenadier other ranks sew in boards.
          Luftwaffe Signals other ranks slip on boards
          Russian volunteers POA artillery other ranks slip on boards

>Hauptmanns boards for the 100th >Gebirgsjager Div, with slip-on wool cyphers

Impressive! Shame you cant post a scan of those.

Imperial shoulder boards I dont have any of but what I`ve seen of them in books etc they certainly appear to be very grande and elaborate.

Des

Comment

Carl,

Sounds like alot of very nice stuff! When you get the professional photos taken I`ll post them for you no problem. Email me or post a message on the forum.

I have been dabbling in militaria of countries besides Germany lately too.
            Mostly Russian and British WW2 awards. I cant wait for this new "other countries" forum thats apparently in the pipes

Regards

Des

Comment

Well I said I needed a KM officers Cap eagle and thanks to another forum member I got one (Thanks Ade!). Heres some scans of it. Ok its in worn condition but it has charactor and also a matching purple backing to my KM officers cockade pictured above

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NwAlACYTOwSLe1C5Zo85ySV9EAs8WxP7CgkY0WbJs6Jv6sGhR HvuR*k5c6zkgWb0gNOOWdO5*aoAQByvFKw3wg/km10.jpg[/img]

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NwAQgCcTbgTaXAN*UeVAFDyFiwzME4mGc49V80NQbWIDsIbv5 sjZ4Vx2zwMFUzZzXlzgYDDDaBC6xeIIUr0O5Q/km20.jpg[/img]

Regards

Des

Comment

This is being posted for Rick Lundstrom....

-------------------------------------------
                Kriegsmarine Officers Eagle. On dark blue, entirely in yellow celluleon Rick
                -------------------------------------------

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0VABVHmIdwscBsdyW1wp*fCR21c8rFRrNVzcwbmHXXs!4SWOc0 9eaXIY2w*44nhbnjnjDbSiHE3B4Pft*ElZx9Wj3EirdwvzG2CG ko8x9NvPh0!vpnZUdpt8PxBt*VEkE/Navy-cellu leon-breast-eagle.jpg[/img]

Regards

Des

Comment

Another Post for Rick.....

--------------------------------------------
                  Trade Patches. These are celluleon and (oddly) cotton thread, the branch devices worn
                  above sleeve rank stripes. Two upper are Administration (pay corps), bottom
                  left to right--Technical Signals, Engineering, and Mines branches. Rick
                  --------------------------------------------

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0UwAiIMIcPY9NNJulKgNowl3vV3B*zN4UDbY24yCtdEmMDfQ!5 5vsYv1xVsJLP97q2she9Qp6RvRmF8LtYuMcLtAQFoIOKZOOc9B OZ3VZ52cX*JF1l90NQfOpIMlAf2Xd/KM-officer -sleeve-branches.jpg[/img]

Regards

Des

[ 08 September 2001: Message edited by: DesThomas ]

Comment

Speaking of boards! I have a matching pair of overcoat boards of an artillery unterofficer. They are slip on boards but the lower slip on buttonhole doesn't reach the board buttonhole. I can clearly see the indentation for the button in the upper part but none in the slipon part. Does anyone know if on a greatcoat they had a double button set up? Also of all the boards I have this is the only pair I've seen with a number stamped onto the inside of the slipon strap. Both are ink stamped with a number 18.

Chuck

Comment

Och, I meant Corps/Branch insignia on the sleeve insignia above, not "trade" patches. Two Oirishmen out and about too late on de weekend....

Comment

C Evans, send me an Email at Locke_chuck@hotmail.com and later on this evening I'll try and scan them and send them to you. Without my son helping I'll be sending copies somewhere but who knows where? I made a scan of a German patch I have but can't identify and sent it to a file. I CAN'T FIND THE FILE!! I'll do the best I can.
                        And if we can figure out how to do it I'll try and post some in this forum so everybody can see them. Chuck

Comment

Och twas very late indeed mon. By the way why R we spicking like scotsmon?

Des

[ 08 September 2001: Message edited by: DesThomas ]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X