Elongated diamond tresse - myth versus reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tress

Chris, thanks for providing us with this very helpful material.

Comment

Interesting thread

re post #4;
      the top strap in that photo has the tress sewn on back to front, hence the bar (=) joining the diamonds together.

I have some samples somewhere in time i will dig them out and post them within this thread,

Comment

Here is a shot of a piece of subdued tress front and back showing
        Attached Files

Comment

Here it is again on SS pattern tropical tress.
          Attached Files

Comment

Some Tropical Tress images

Here are some more Tress variations:

Comment

thanks great thread
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

thank you too, very helpfull thread.

Get a period picture should be hard, but why not looking and close the debate.

thx

Comment

Helpful and informative thread. Cheers.
                  sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Hi, first post. Lots of interesting reading here. Can anyone explain the difference between the silver aluminium tresse seen posted here and this type (see image). Specifically, where was this type of tresse used. Apollogies if this is an obvious question.
                    Thanks.

Comment

This is a type of tresse most often used by RAD but I have also seen used by the SS and Heer for shoulder boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig vK View Post
                        Hi, first post. Lots of interesting reading here. Can anyone explain the difference between the silver aluminium tresse seen posted here and this type (see image). Specifically, where was this type of tresse used. Apollogies if this is an obvious question.
                        Thanks.

This tress was originally made for the oatmeal colored HBT drill outfit (the black edging was intended to make the tress show up against the neutral background). It was susequently used on the green HBT tunics.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did find out the answer elsewhere on this forum soon after I posted the question. The reason I was asking is I am looking at adding tresse to a HBT tunic and wondered which type was correct.

EDIT: So, to clear this up, would this be the type to use on the collar of a M42 HBT tunic?
                          Last edited by Ludwig vK; 09-29-2015, 03:50 PM. Reason: forgot something...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X