No announcement yet.

Nebeltruppen waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see a close up of that patch!

Comment

sorry for the late.... new pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
          Lovely! I did not know there were Geb. Nebeltruppen units.
          There was a unit that served in Norway

Comment

I've not seen a board with a 'gap' between the tress and the piping before. Was this a common/uncommon occurance?

Here is the board from my Nebelwerfer Waffenrock for comparison.
            Attached Files

Comment

Gebirgs Nebelwerfer abteilung 10

There was at least one Mountain Rocket unit, the 10th battalion was stationed in Norway.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...GebKorps-R.htm

He may have transfered or rotated out to the 2nd. Beauty super rare tunic. I agree with the thoughts of others on the 58th Arty. stamp. I have a Vetrinarian overcoat with Infantry approval stamps for the parent unit. Not odd for small units to have the larger branch Rgt. acceptance stamps

Comment

Very nice piece, i would love Nebelwerfer waffenrock.

How rare are these? Does anyone know if one is available somewhere?

Thanks

LDR

Comment

Gebirgs Nebelwerfer abteilung 10 was the only GJ nebelwerfer unit of abteilung size or larger ( others might have existed as an independent batterie or smaller but such small units are a real nightmare to find). There was however a gebirgs nebelwerfer ersatz batterie.

I have a SB and WP to a member of this unit and will check this evening.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

The training and replacement unit i mentioned above was Gebirgs nebelwerfer lehr und ersatz batterie 6 based at Admont in Wehrkreis XVIII.

That's the only two gebirgs nebelwerfer units i'm aware of.
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Todd,

I have a waffenrock worn by an unteroffizier, Cavalry Regt 3, with exactly the same gap between the tresse and piping.

The Czech-made trousers are featured in Bender's "Waffenrock."

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X