Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht tunic, value?

Hi.

Consider buying this tunic... what is it worth? what is it fair to pay for it?
    Thanks
    Best Peder
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Juliusheide; 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure about those collar tabs, maybe movie prop ones? Better photos of the collar tabs would be helpful. I like the looks of that salty original tunic!

Comment

I think I would hold off until you get some more possitive feedback. I just worry about the lack of support straps for the belt holes and the four horizontal slits in the lining. Look forward to other observations.

Comment

Originally posted by BILL View Post
                I think I would hold off until you get some more possitive feedback. I just worry about the lack of support straps for the belt holes and the four horizontal slits in the lining. Look forward to other observations.
                Correct for an early tunic. The damage on the shoulder sucks though. Might make a decent representaive peice if restored properly, and if the price is not too high.

Comment

Peder,
                  Prices vary. By what I see it looks original, would be nice to see under the collar and some close ups of button holes, pocket, and lining. Price for a complete tunic in good condition with all the insignias would go for $1000 to $1800 depending on branch and rank. Since this has missing insignia/ shoulder boards and is damage, I would say between $200 to $400. The reason is to get the original insignias and shoulder board will cost $150 to $250. You have to have them attached and probably wants to fix that shoulder. Your almost to $700 and don't forget you have a fantasy uniform (uniform placed together with original parts) which has lower value. The bottom line is how much you like it. That is how I started by buying a strip uniforms and bringing it back to life. It is like putting together a model.
                  Tony

Comment

But...

Bill,
                    Schutzpolizei already say it, this "said" M33/40 is normal, as Feldbluse 34, 35, 36, 40, and 41 haven't the late short support straps but a long one system of suspender that fit in the 4 slits you see in the lining !

AmitiƩs de Laurent

Comment

Yeah, and finding the belt support straps are nearly impossible, and probably the most expensive part, worth probably the value of this particular tunic!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X