Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzer skull question

Hi guys,

I have a rather small question, I have a few pictures of ss skulls which replace the normal panzer skulls on panzer collar tabs. Was this by a special regiment? Was this allowed?

Your helm would be much appreciated
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Originally posted by Giel View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a rather small question, I have a few pictures of ss skulls which replace the normal panzer skulls on panzer collar tabs. Was this by a special regiment? Was this allowed?

Your helm would be much appreciated
    It was allowed, but was not official. The same thing happened with Brunswick skulls..........
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply Robin.

Here's my really huge period framed portrait photo, I really love it
      Attached Files
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Great photo Giel!

Comment

Two great photos Giel, I have already seen the first skull on pictures and portraits, not official but used, I don't know which Regiment or division, maybe you know more than us..... no informations behind the photo? which is his name?
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by oragno View Post
            Two great photos Giel, I have already seen the first skull on pictures and portraits, not official but used, I don't know which Regiment or division, maybe you know more than us..... no informations behind the photo? which is his name?
            Nope, no more information, just the adress of the photo atelier on the back but that's all. I don't want to pull open the frame to see if there's something written on the back...
            Kind regards,
            Giel

Comment

WOW! Great photos. I will bet my last dollar the Knights Cross panzer officer wore those skulls to honour his father from the imperial army. Rank and high decorations must have commanded alot of lee-way in regards to uniform regs.Very interesting photos. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Giel View Post
                Nope, no more information, just the adress of the photo atelier on the back but that's all. I don't want to pull open the frame to see if there's something written on the back...
                You should open it as a lot of photo's of this period have information on the back as you know already

Comment

Months ago I saw a Picture where the Panzer Skull was worn on the left Side of a M43 Luftwaffenmütze, I think it was a Fielddivisionmember of a Stug-unit Sadly I can `t bought this Picture

Comment

Originally posted by zeugmeister View Post
                    Months ago I saw a Picture where the Panzer Skull was worn on the left Side of a M43 Luftwaffenmütze, I think it was a Fielddivisionmember of a Stug-unit Sadly I can `t bought this Picture
                    Here's RKT Erich Baerenfaenger.........
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robin, at this Picture that I saw was a LW Member, but this also a nice Pic

Comment

Originally posted by zeugmeister View Post
                        Hi Robin, at this Picture that I saw was a LW Member, but this also a nice Pic
                        I know the LW one you mean.......tropical uniform.......HG panzer, I think.......

Comment

No Robin, it was a Fliegerbluse and a M43, Bluegrey or Green.

Comment

Think Robin means this one...,HG ...

Jos.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's the one, Jos!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X