• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform and insignias opinion

Hi,

I found this auction on Tradera,
    http://www.tradera.com/auction/Milit...r/aid_34021922

and uniform it self is a repro and all the stuf is added post war, but what i wonder is the cuff titles, are they repro or could they be original?

I can understand if its hard to see on this kind of pictures, but the seller didn't mail me any as i asked for.

I dont think that any of it is from the WW2 time era.

Regards
    Paul

Comment

Okey, how come? Im not so familiar with this hobby yet, any knows signs to look after on this kind of stuf?

Comment

Well,

The shoulder boards seem to be East German. The pips are improperly placed.

I collect LW collar tabs. The even with the blurry photos, the construction of the tabs on the tunic match those of known repros.

The tunic is a West German Air Force Dress Jacket.

The Tank Destruction Badge in Gold seems to match a couple of repros I have seen on this very site. I am also convinced that both cuff titles are also repro as well. Just do a search of the site and you will see. Compare them to known originals.

Cuff titles are not my specility at all... so maybe others will add to this.
        Last edited by PaulR; 10-10-2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

The jacket where fake/repro i knew, but the others the seller said was original.
          But with your answer I bevlie that he is lying/not knowing what he talks about.

I have been looking at cuff titles and i think that the Kreta Cuff looks like a fake/repro, but i wanted WA's expertise.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Comment

I am glad that I can help. I hope that others with more experience can add more.

Comment

I got some more pictures from the seller now. Not that good but maybe they help somewhat.

Comment

Hi Malmen, I would pass on this tunic and insignia. Paul is being modest and has a good eye for original items.

Do a search on the insignia. There are pics on the forum of good originals.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Ade. Most of what I know, I learned here. There are six active members I can think of at this moment who have forgotten more than the entire sum of my knowledge!

Comment

If I am not mistaken the HG cufftitle is the design for an NCO or an EM. And how many Generals would have taken out 5 tanks with hand devices, which is what the Gold tank badge is for. Also taking out that many tanks would at leat get you the EKI.

Comment

The entire combination of rank, awards and cufftitles are not realistic in my oppinion. Too enthusiastic!

Comment

The tunic is so dolled up it looks like a prop from the movie "Casablanca".

Malmen, you have made a wise choice by listening to Paul and Ade on this one.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X