Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry Waffenrock

Gentlemen!
    I am collecting at a special aim: reconstrucking my grandfather. He died in 1975, leaving many photos, medals, ensignia etc. I have most artifacts to make a upper-body display - but lack a sincere tunic (Waffenrock) so far. Who could reccomend a source for a straight pre-1942 Infantry tunic?

Bjørn!

Bjorn:

Was your grandfather and officer, NCO or other enlisted man? That will make a difference on what uniform you will need to buy.

I checked a couple of sources and found the following for you:

Nice infantry NCO parade tunic (waffenrock) w/belt at: www.german-militaria.com

Three nice Infantry officer waffenrocks (one with piped pants) at: www.therupturedduck.com

My quick search did not turn up any lower-enlisted rank infantry waffenrocks.

You are lucky as these uniforms are about the most common you can be looking for. Good thing he was not in a nebelwerfer unit! You may want to continue to look around for a bit as these are really so common that you can find very good deals on them. I just bought a mint infantry NCO's waffenrock for $375.00, so they can be had much cheaper than from most sites you'll find on-line.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of more help.

Drew

Comment

Another place to try is www.jessensrelics.com. Tony doesn't have a lot of stuff, but he is a very accomodating fellow and if you ask him he will watch for what you need.

Comment

Hello!
        Well, my grandfather was "Feldwebel" from 1935, transferred to Inf.Rgt 90 in 1937, then as "Oberfeldwebel", "Hauptfeldwebel" from 1941, transferred to "Feldgendarmerie-Ersatz-Abteilung 682 (mot.) in 1942, pressed into Infantry sevice again in 1943, then with "Grenadier Regiment 514" as "Leutnant".
        So a straight NCO infantry tunic, pre 1943 would do. I am a little nervous on German Militaria com, but Bill Shea is serious.

B.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X