Wehrmacht Sportshirt Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Sportshirt Eagle

Hi Guys, I believe this is an eagle from a sports vest/shirt of the Heer...I never had one of these before and so, could anyone please confirm if it is indeed what I think it is? I think it original, but again confirmation of my suspicion would be grately appreciated...

Where these eagle attached like that as a standard? I always assumed that just the eagle itself was kind of attached to the shirt and I did not realise that it would be a woven patch that got attached to the shirts...was the same for all the others sports shirts as well>?

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help. Torsten.
    Attached Files

close up front
    Attached Files

Comment

the back
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
        Hi Guys, I believe this is an eagle from a sports vest/shirt of the Heer...I never had one of these before and so, could anyone please confirm if it is indeed what I think it is? I think it original, but again confirmation of my suspicion would be grately appreciated...

Where these eagle attached like that as a standard? I always assumed that just the eagle itself was kind of attached to the shirt and I did not realise that it would be a woven patch that got attached to the shirts...was the same for all the others sports shirts as well>?

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help. Torsten.
        close up of back
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Torsten,

You indeed have a WH sports shirt insgnia. You are also correct as how it was attached to the shirt and it was also the same for the other braches. Here are a few of my sport shirt eagles. Perhaps others can post what they have as well in their collections.
          Attached Files

Comment

The backside of the WH insignia.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a KM insignia for comparison.
              Attached Files

Comment

The reverse of the KM insignia.
                Attached Files

Comment

I also like to collect the shirts as well. Here are a couple of examples. First up is the WH sports shirt with a black stripe around the collar which denotes an NCO. No stripe meant it was an EM and two stripes for an officer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the only other shirt I have (still looking for others), for an EM Kriegsmarine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Todd, thank you for showing and sharing...I had no idea that there was a distinction in rank on the shirts...learned somhing new again... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

and here are mine, im always on the hunt for these. best regards, mark.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for showing.... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I'm reviving this thread with a question - have you ever encountered stripes in other colours, rather than blue / black?

Christian

Comment

I do not think that there should be any other colours for the Wehrmacht sports shirt eagles. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X