Repro panzer wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro panzer wraps

I've been hearing about some repro panzer wraps presently coming out out of Germany, I believe, that are "near perfect." I'm curious as to what the tell-tale signs of these are and how to ID them has reproductions vs. originals.

I hope these don't make the market for panzer wrap uniforms as troublesome as SS camo or knight's crosses...

Regards,

Drew

These wraps are also known to feature phony Russian film studio stamps too, so you've got even more to be wary about.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Watch out also for SS greatcoats retailored as wraps. I've seen a couple, and if they did something about the collars, they could fool someone over the internet.

Comment

They are excellent copies. However, that black material does not have the feel of an original - being more stiff and grainy feeling. Look closely at the linings as well as they sometimes use materials that are incorrect in type and color as well as also being rather starchy looking. It is just hard to add 50+ years of age.
        Scott
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Hi,They have already made their way into the states and collections.There are more than just Panzer Wraps available too.Look at the insignia on the SS officer ones it is very good,does not Glow,but every wrap has the same style eagles on them.The Wehrmacht ones will be hard to detect.My advice is to avoid minty rare items that show no real wear especially combat related items.Be careful of sweat stains that smell like they happened yesterday also.That may sound goofy but its being done.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X