Uniform Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform Question

I picked up a big load of German uniforms and hats from a former GI and there is a blue and white striped jacket and pants. The pants have buttons for suspenders and the jacket has two open lower pockets. The blue stripe is a combinmation of blue and black and the same width as the white stripes. The material is heavy wide woven HBT. Any ideas?
    Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Could it be a prisoner or inmate type uniform? How wide are the stripes and do they run vertically or horizontally?

Or they could be hospital PJ's

[ 25 May 2001: Message edited by: Steve in Florida ]

Comment

I have attached a photo. The white is much duller than in the photo. The flash brightened everything.
      Bob

Comment

Greetings Bob!
        How about some type of hospital uniform for patients?

Best regards,
        Bill

Comment

Boy, he must have been high up... look at all the stripes on his uniform

I would go with a pair of pajamas as well, you see a host of similar things in hospital photos.

Comment

Bob...If you have Angolia's "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army", I believe that this type of garment is pictured in there and identified as miitary hospital pajamas.

Comment

Nazi jammies!! Wow. It is amazing what these vets bring back. I didn't see them in Angolia's "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army" but I will look again. The waist band of the pants are marked:
              RFN 0/1003/0047 1943 E

There is also a a round stamp I can't make out and a tiny white tag with a red number 1.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Definately hospital stuff. Nice too to find an unissued set like that! The ones I have seen are all in ratty condition! A realy nice find!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X