Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Black Shirts

Hello All,

Does anyone have a source for original standard issue WW-2 Italian black shirts - as wore (not surprisingly) by their black shirt fascist units. Thanks!

Mike

Has anyone noticed the huge jump in s/d heer and luftwaffe helmets in the last five or six years? They have doubled, surpassing all other helmets in as far as appreciation goes. I remember around 1996 you could get a real nice s/d m40 Heer for around $300, now that same helmet will fetch $575-$600.
    The pre-war d/d's have steadily gained but not like the once affordable s/d.
    Any takes on what the next sleeper is going to be?

Comment

• Luftm40
      Luftm40 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perry, I think real no decals are becoming more scarce because fakers use them to "upgrade". Also, the DD Luft and police helmets now fetch a lot less than other branches, but that will probably change as the Heer, KM and WSS versions sky rocket out of reach. People will go after the Lufts and the prices will also rise. I think helmets in general are a pretty good bet, provided you are buying original unmessed with versions in nice shape. Its one of the reasons I got into them. I think the whole field will rise in value dramatically over the next 10 years. Compared to badges and medals, they are a good value right now. Also really interesting.

• Gene
      Gene commented
      Editing a comment
      About a year ago on eBay, I saw a single decal M40 Luftwaffe helmet in "average" condition (roughly 90% paint and 80-85% decal, nice liner and chinstrap) sell for $770. It wasn't named, unit marked or anything else that would have given this most common of all helmets such an outrageous value. But, thanks to the bidding frenzies eBay was famous for, it went through the roof.

• Perry Floyd
      Perry Floyd commented
      Editing a comment
      $770 it doesn't surprise me..Andy you may be right with the no decal helmets as they're fetching around $300 now. And he d/d Luftwaffe does seem to be picking up some steam in the last few years. But really they all have, as helmets have allways done good. Reason being the fakers are starting to hit them hard in the last few years..

Originally posted by Mike C:
    <STRONG>Hello All,

Does anyone have a source for original standard issue WW-2 Italian black shirts - as wore (not surprisingly) by their black shirt fascist units. Thanks!

Mike</STRONG>
    From what I read they're spread all over North Africa, just kidding, I did read an account about how Mussolini sent his Black Shirt (street thugs) to N. Africa as an elite fighting force, but they littarly ran when they heard their first artillary barage.
    Sorry, I know that does not help you find a shirt

Comment

When Mussolini was deposed in 1943(?) the people of Italy tried desperatly to get rid of fascist ideals all together. Some people who were black shirts either burned their uniforms etc, or ahd them made into some other piece of clothing. When ole Benny was rescued and Hitler gave him control over northern Italy, some blackshirts were there as protectorets. But ultimatley they were under SS control, and as such their para-military uniforms were recognized. I'd bet that if you wanted to find a black shirt unifrom, try looking in northern Italy, Switzerland etc. The number that survived the war can't be too many at all. Good luck.

Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Actually I saw one or two listed for sale some years back but never bought them... However since then I have acquired two LAH panzer uniforms. The Italian black shirts qucikly became a fashion statement with LAH panzer troops during their brief stay in N. Italy after CITADEL. Look at the pictures in Agte's two books and you can see numerous pictures of the boys in black wrappers and shirts. Thought I would try and replicate the look!

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X