afrika korp cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afrika korp cuff title

hi, i have just bought this cuff title ,the seller has guaranteed its authenticity but i would appreciate all opinions on this as i know there are plenty of fakes, thanks
    Attached Files

cuff

Attached Files

Comment

c

Attached Files

Comment

c

Attached Files

Comment

c

Attached Files

Comment

c

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a fine example to me, the area I always look for on Dak cufftitals is the inside of the 'O' it should not be perfectly round like a lot of the fakes but more squarish if that makes sense...like your one.

Greg

Comment

c

hi and thanks greg for the help not only am i happy with your info on my cuff title but the seller has informed me he has been left boxes of items by a relative who was at alamein and tobruk,and he is going to get back to me with a list of these items so fingers crossed at moment, regards dave

Comment

Sorry, I have to disagree about this one.

The shape of the "O" is one factor to look at, but the fakers have corrected this.

The middle of the letter "P" is incorrect. The "dot" that forms the middle of the letter (the green part) is incorrect in shape. You will see it is the same as the one in the letter "R", this is incorrect.

There are lots of threads on these. A search will bring them up

Cheers, Ade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Adrian, that this is an example of the most commonly encountered reproduction of the Afrikakorps cuff title. I noticed that Detlev had a similar example listed (as original) twice over the past few weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on those details Ade and John, so what your saying is the dot area's inside the R and the P should not be exactly the same and be identical to what you have posted. I think the one sscrooge has posted doesn't really show a good front on in this area although he does on the back. I also thought his one looked like it had been on a uniform and seemed to show a bit of age and ware.

I knew the fakes of these were good but didn't realise they were this good.

Cheers Greg

Comment

Hi Greg, these fakes continue to fool dealers and collectors alike. They have been around a long time too.

Yes, the "dots" must be different in size. The one in the "P" should be larger and more square shaped than the one in the "R".

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

c

oh now i have had my bubble burst well heres a close up of the p and r
                          Attached Files

Comment

c

pic
                            Attached Files

Comment

c

hi,i dont know if its me but the green dot in the p is bigger and a differrent shape the the r

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X