Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need your opinion, please

Hi,

I think the following two dont look right, but I'd like to make sure. WHat do you think?
    Attached Files

back side
    Attached Files

Comment

come on guys !
      surely someone can help me with this ?

Comment

pins

I just cant decide they look good but they arent marked the way ied like to see them .

Comment

Summer eagle is fake..,real ones are very detailed and have other hinge and catch.

Jos.

Comment

Personally, I can't see any problems with the cap eagle, the finish and detailing are what I would expect to see. But if they came from the same source, you have to regard it with suspicion. Maybe you could post it in the tinnies and political organizations forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KatL.
              come on guys !
              surely someone can help me with this ?
              Personally, I like them both. The breast eagle appears to have the integral pin base and catch? Nothing soldered and all one piece with the exception of the pin and pin retaining pin. Correct? Somewhere around here in my clutter, I have a deNazified Veteran's Organization metal breast eagle that was given to me by the veterans son back in the early 1960's. Same thing with nothing soldered and I always assumed these were made by the same firm(s) as the later war Silver Wound Badges? I'm not promising anything, but if I can find my Vet eagle, I'll post a pic for comparison.

The hat eagle looks "right as rain" and definately righteous to me. What is it that you don't like about it?

Regards,

Gary

Comment

Gary,
                the Summer eagle looks like a (maybe) zink,heavy cast example to me..
                The catch is directly soldered to the eagle,while this type of hinge is not.
                IMO,there're only 2 known zink Summer eagles and they're hollow to reduce the weight..
                Other known examples are made of aluminum with crimped in catches and there're others which have the catch soldered to the back,but these are made of KupAl (aluminum with a copper/silver layer on top)
                Then there're are some known buntmetal versions..

The hinge of the eagle in question looks like the ones used on the aluminum Assmann eagles....but all these have a crimped in catch..,not soldered on.

To me this particular eagle is a fake...and in the worst case it's a lead one..

Jos.
                Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 06-18-2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté
                  Gary,
                  the Summer eagle looks like a (maybe) zink,heavy cast example to me..
                  The catch is directly soldered to the eagle,while this type of hinge is not.
                  IMO,there're only 2 known zink Summer eagles and they're hollow to reduce the weight..
                  Other known examples are made of aluminum with crimped in catches and there're others which have the catch soldered to the back,but these are made of KupAl (aluminum with a copper/silver layer on top)
                  Then there're are some known buntmetal versions..

The hinge of the eagle in question looks like the ones used on the aluminum Assmann eagles....but all these have a crimped in catch..,not soldered on.

To me this particular eagle is a fake...and in the worst case it's a lead one..

Jos.
                  Jos.,

You study these, I don't, so therefore I will certainly respect your observations and findings. With lead content, it certainly wouldn't fool anyone, but from the photos, it looks exactly the same as the Vet eagle I have; a silver painted, zinc alloy piece, right down to the pin point and pin base. Thanks for pointing this out to me on this eagle.

Regards,

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X