Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz
    were you able to find any markings/dates on either pieces? Glenn
    I found the markings last night on the pants and the jacket, the markings on the jacket were exactly as advised. I cannot make them out, but once I post pics, hopefully some of the experts here will be able to clarify?

Comment

This number is roughly 5" below the top pic, same area.

This number is taken from the pants, just inside the wind flap on the snow side.

Here's a letter my Wife's Grandma recieved with details as to where her first husband passed. Apparently he was a replacement Officer, which mght exlain why the badges do not match the theatre.

Close up.

Comment

The RB# 0/0000/0000 (I can't make the numbers out) are number codes from the factory..It replaced the manufacturers stamp for security reasons.

The #1 would be the grade of wear ( apon inspection before issue) which in this case would be for new or excellent condition.

Again a very nice set.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

The #1 would be the grade of wear
          I am sure it represents size.

Comment

yep PAQ is right !!!!!!! 1 is a size !! as I see both pieces - pants and jacket have the same size. Rb Nr is manufacture code . As I see ( if 'm not wrong ) both Rb Nr numebrs start with 1/ ......./.......... ( on jacket is 1/5867/0411- if I'm wrong and on pantsis 1/1136/0095 ) so as I know those pieces were made out of III reich (in some of occupied countries ). Rb Nr numbers start with 0 or 1. 0- is for III reich , 1 - is for out of Reichs ( occupied countries ).
            Last edited by 19BARBAROSSA41; 06-10-2006, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X