FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roa German Made Uniform -the Rarest German Army Uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roa "slip on" tunic

I read a while back in an earlier post that such a tunic is on display at a war museum in (if I recall correctly) Vienna, Austria. So that's another one that survived! Maybe somebody can dig up that post, which has a picture of it? Nick

Comment

Yes, such tunic is indeed on dispaly in War museum in Wienna, however it has collar tabs to it. I still would like to see period photo of such hat being worn.

Comment

Jim, if you could post pictures of your tunic I'd love to see it. Does anyone else out there have any of these uniform items, made from this material or cut in this pattern? Of interest to me would be any insignia actually applied (wartime) to these tunics. Bottomline: if anyone who owns untouched wartime examples could post, I'd love to see some more of these fine uniforms! s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE
          Jim, if you could post pictures of your tunic I'd love to see it. Does anyone else out there have any of these uniform items, made from this material or cut in this pattern? Of interest to me would be any insignia actually applied (wartime) to these tunics. Bottomline: if anyone who owns untouched wartime examples could post, I'd love to see some more of these fine uniforms! s/f Robert
          Robert,

Certainly.I got the tunic from Bob Hritz who obtained it directly from the vet. all insignia is original to the tunic. It never had a breast eagle.

I also got this Terek Cossack kubanka from Bob.Came from the same source.Just putting in a plug since its on page 2 now.
          http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=160820

WR Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

5. Small field repair to the back.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

7 Faint Rbn Number
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is one nice tunic!
                        Love the wear!!!!!!!!
                        S

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And the last picture
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jim, the ROA tunic is just wonderful, thanks for posting. It looks like the same breed as the set that started the thread. Interesting it never had breast insignia. What are the RBN numbers on the inside apron of yours? I wonder if they were made at the same (German) factory, or in multiple locations. As for the Terek piece - pretty darn nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE
                                Jim, the ROA tunic is just wonderful, thanks for posting. It looks like the same breed as the set that started the thread. Interesting it never had breast insignia. What are the RBN numbers on the inside apron of yours? I wonder if they were made at the same (German) factory, or in multiple locations. As for the Terek piece - pretty darn nice!
                                Steve,

Its definately a one looker. I was really happy to get it. Jim

Robert,

I can't make out the RBN number from my pics.Unfortunately the tunic is on a mannequin which is difficult to get too at the moment.

Period pics show volunteer tunics with either no breast eagle, the German Eagle(forbidden at some point by regulation) or the special eagle for volunteers. I can only assume that the individual was unable to get the correct eagle through the supply channels before he was captured.From Geralds unissued depot piece it appears that the insignia wasn't factory sewn.

WR Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X