Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film Decision Before Dawn

HI
    IS ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO CAN SELL, GIVE, ME A COPY OF THE FILM " DECISION BEFORE DAWN" MADE I THINK IN THE EARLY 50'S ABOUT GERMANS SOLDIERS WORKING FOR THE ALIES IN WW2, I HAD A POOR COPY OF THIS FILM SINCE LOST, AND ALL THE UNIFORMS ARE ORIGINAL IN THIS FILM, AND IS REALY GREAT FOR GERMAN UNIFOM BUFFS. I UNDERSTAND THIS FILM HAS NEVER BEEN RELEASED ON VIDEO OR DVD SO WOULD HAVE TO BE TAPED FROM TV, OK IN BOTH FORMATS
    HOPE YOU CAN HELP

ROBERT

Film

Hi Robert,

As my wife can attest I've been looking for the film for a number of years now, The main star was Richard Basehart, the main German character was called Happy. Great film made on location in Germany right after the war.Many of the locations were familiar to me. It was shown on AMC here in the U.S. last year, unfortunately we've got so much crap hooked up to our TV I can't figure out record. If you can find a source I would also love to get a copy. Regards Jim

Comment

Decision before Dawn.

Hello Robert, An outstanding movie made in 1951 with Richard Basehart and Oskar Werner. I believe all uniforms are real and it was filmed in post war Germany. There are about 6-8 sets of army black panzer wrappered soldiers and many scenes of splinter and tan/water camo parkas. If you look close you can see one wearing a SS camo parka while riding by in the back of a truck. Some SS em collar insignia(bevo) pictured and towards the end several soldiers carrying MP44s are shown searching bombed out ruins. Send me a message, My buddy has the copy from AMC. I will get copies. Regards Bill Bourque

Comment

JIM
        NICE TO SEE THAT THERE ARE OTHERE FANS OF THIS EXCELENT FILM ONCE SEEN NEVER FORGOTEN,

THANKS TO YOU BILL FOR THE OFFER OF A COPY OF THIS FILM I WILL CONTACT YOU AS TO OBTAINING A COPY FROM YOU AND MAYBE YOU CAN DO ONE FOR JIM!, IF I REMEMBER BILL THIS FILM IS BASED ON A TRUE STORY? IM REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS FILM AGAIN THANKS BILL YOU HAVE MADE MY YEAR!

ROBERT

Comment

Hi All,
          I too am looking for a copy of that film. A friends father was in it, he played a German tanker in it , and they were original uniform. I could have sworn it was filmed in 1946. Maybe it was not released until 1951? It was based on a true story.
          Terry
          Terry Keller
          "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
          Rammstein

Comment

I too would be interested, but seeing that there are alresdy a lot of people wanting it, maybe Robert could send me a copy of the one he gets, as we both live in the UK.

Regards
            Phil

Comment

that excelent film

Hi
              when Bill sends me the film would be happy to do some copys for Jim, Phil, and Terry.
              Terry any more information about your friends dad and the making of this film?

Robert

Comment

Hey Robert,
                Unfortunatly both he and his German wife are deceased. I knew them both from 1965 till their deaths, him in about 1984 and her in the early nineties. Both of them told me the same story. He was inthat movie and wore a real uniform. In fact , they told me many stories. She was from Freising, about 15 miles from Munchen and her father was a party member. He had a large flag that he tied off at the top of the pole and then prcided to grease the pole. Anyway the Amis had to shove it over to get rid of it. She also thought that a color guard was a colored guard as the first one she saw had negro troops carring the flag. She was really neat and I miss her and him a lot. She had her report card with Hilters picture on it yet. I learned a lot from them.
                Terry
                Terry Keller
                Rammstein

Comment

Decision before Dawn.

Hello all I just finished taping a copy of this great movie. Other than a ridiculous painted on set of SS helmet runes seen in one scene all else all appears real. At the end there is a closeup of an officer wearing a real and in nice condition peaked Army crusher. Many zeltbans, camo jackets, luft fliegerbluses, assault wrappers and several black, collar- piped army wrappers. Even a Waffen SS em m41 hat with front skull and side eagle. Many other forms of gritty combat wear and bleak black/white scenery. This film was up for best movie in 1951. A fine movie for all us Werhmacht/Luft/SS uniform and headgear collectors. Regards Bill Bourque

Comment

Hey All,
                    Forgot I had this!
                    Terry Keller
                    Rammstein

Comment

DECISION BEFORE DAWN

HI TERRY
                      THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS DAD THOUGHT SADLY THEY HAD PASSED ON, THEY SOUNDED VERY INTERESTING PEOPLE.

ROB

BILL
                      WHAT CAN I SAY! THIS IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE WHAT A GREAT POSTER WHERE DID YOU GET IT?

ALL THE BEST

ROB

Comment

Rob,
                        I got it from a friend a long time ago and forgot that I had it, I was looking for something else (never found that item) and ran across this.
                        Terry
                        Terry Keller
                        Rammstein

Comment

Decision before Dawn

Hello all, I now have five copies of this movie to whomever might want one. These are copies of copies and will do until a better recording becomes available. The music slurrs abit but the visual part is reasonably good. Cost, postage only etc. Will move this topic to the community forum if OK with Robert. You can reach me PM. Regards Bill Bourque

Comment

Hello Bill:

I would be happy to pay for the transfer cost AND provide you with a few back issues of my magazine Kriegsberichter for your troubles! I have been looking for this film for years!!

By the way - have anyone seen Zentropa by Lars von Trier??? I just purchased a copy a few months ago! Very good!

Erich Craciun

Comment

Decision before Dawn

Hi Bill
                              Thanks for the tape,it has been realy nice to see this excelent film again, nice of you to do copys for the othere fans of this film.
                              glad i started this thread thanks to you again bill

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X