Gentlemen..,did you know..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen..,did you know..?

Here's a very interesting book I've found..,all about clothing rules etc..

It's rather late,so I've no time to translate,but maybe someone will do it..?

You'll see that certain things will "glow in the dark"...

Jos.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clothing nature of the Air Force...
    PeCe- and Perlon fibre.
    Fibre synthetically out charcole and lime manufactured.
    The PeCe (Polyvinyl chloride - ]fibre is sour and decay resistantly.
    It possesses a very high strenght in dry and wet condition.
    The fibre doesn't burn,but at a temperature of 80 degrees it'll melt to a firm little ball.
    This makes the fibre unsuitable for clothing. Because of their sour firmness it is used particularly in the chemical industry. For fishnets,fishline/filament and sails the fiber is likewise well suitable.

Perlon(Perluran) is lighter/more delicate and around 50 v. H. firmer than naturseide/natural silk. The scrubbing firmness is particularly large. The fiber can be cooked/hot washed and hot ironed; it can be mixed also with zellwolle (Zellwoll perlon blended yarn}. In the light of that perlon is extremely suitable for clothing. Since 1941 the fiber is bulk-technically manufactured. In the meantime the armed forces will take up the entire perlon production....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 03-21-2006, 05:40 AM.

The source..

Jos.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté
      The source..

Jos.
      Hi Jos,

Great info.Is it possible to see scans of the rest of the book. You might be aware I'm doing research on the German Textile industry during the war. I'm sure that book is full of info that would be helpful in my research.That is if its okay with you.WR jim

Comment

translation somewhat??

..The clothing nature of the Air Force...fray synthetically out chars and lime manufactured. The PeCe (Polyvinyl chloride - ] fiber is sour and decay resistantly. It possesses a very high reisstestigkeit in drying and wet condition. The fiber is so that it fur clothing is unsuitable. Because of their sour firmness it is used particularly in the chemical industry. Fur of fishnets, Angelschnure and siele is likewise well suitable the fiber.
        Perlon(Perlun) is easier and around 50 v. H. firmer than naturseide. The scrubbing firmness is particularly large. The fiber let yourself cook and bugeln; it can be mixed also with zellwolle (Zellwoll perlon blended yarn}. From this Grunden perlon is suitable to before-resemble fur clothing. Since 1941 the fiber is bulk-technically manufactured. Vorlaufigf the armed forces the entire production at perlon up.............can't do umlauds or s zehts so there it is but you can get an idea.
        Jeff
        Last edited by ELECTRAFIXION; 03-20-2006, 10:06 PM. Reason: text

Comment

Looks like a great book!

Comment

Originally posted by ELECTRAFIXION
            The clothing nature of the Air Force...
            PeCe- and Perlon fibre.
            Fibre synthetically out charcole and lime manufactured.
            The PeCe (Polyvinyl chloride - ]fibre is sour and decay resistantly.
            It possesses a very high strenght in dry and wet condition.
            The fibre doesn't burn,but at a temperature of 80 degrees it'll melt to a firm little ball.
            This makes the fibre unsuitable for clothing. Because of their sour firmness it is used particularly in the chemical industry. For fishnets,fishline/filament and sails the fiber is likewise well suitable.

Perlon(Perluran) is lighter/more delicate and around 50 v. H. firmer than naturseide/natural silk. The scrubbing firmness is particularly large. The fiber can be cooked/hot washed and hot ironed; it can be mixed also with zellwolle (Zellwoll perlon blended yarn}. In the light of that perlon is extremely suitable for clothing. Since 1941 the fiber is bulk-technically manufactured. In the meantime the armed forces will take up the entire perlon production....
            Jeff
            OK,Jeff,thanks..
            I've changed it a bit,still not good,but the idea is getting better..

Jos.
            Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 03-21-2006, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Jim,it's 250 pages..

Jos.

Comment

Interesting book

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté
                  Jim,it's 250 pages..

Jos.

Jos,

Yikes, thats a bit much. Is there a table of contents? I have lots of general data already so I'd really only be looking for specific information.
                  Anything on Perlon use/burn test/fiber ID , Depots/Depot stamps/locations, how items were sewn etc would prove very useful. Mostly information thats not already known to the collecting community.WR Jim

Comment

OK,Jim..

First I'll read the book a bit and will try to define what's useful..
                    BTW,the book is from 1943.

For a start here's a small list and something about inkstamps etc..

Jos.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 03-21-2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

;.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jos,

Thanks for taking the time to show us some more scans of the book. Very interesting piece.WR Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X