X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cossack insignia?

Welcome any views on this is it cossack? as ever thanks, Paul
    Attached Files

I take it this is from that Pskov Cossack tunic on Ebay? This is not a standart cossack tab, but the color matches those of Pskov Cossacks. Can you ask the seller for close up of the shoulderboards and the patch? - I don't think they are standart too (definately not the patch) I don't like the look of that tunic, I think its fake.

Comment

cossack insignia

G'day,
      I dont like it,while there are some pics of hand made ones like this,I would be very skeptical of this one,in this colour.Where is this tunic on ebay?
      Cheers,Paul.

Comment

Please find link to tunic, thanks Paul

http://www.falleneagle.com/

Comment

cossack tunic

G'day,
          Thanks for the link.Looking at the whole ensemble I would say no.I dont really get the conversion of the tunic,to a fly front.I cant say I've ever heard of yellow cossack tabs for Siberians ,but anything is possible with Ost-truppen.The epaulettes are for an Armenian volunteer rather than a cossack and the color tabs are for an officer,the epaulettes for a feldwebel.The arm shield,from memory,was traditionally on the right arm for the only siberian regiment in 25 Cossack corps,but in theory it could of been put on the left arm,I would have to check that.The shield itself and the way it is attached to the tunic look suspect to me.I believe the whole thing is a put together piece,I would stay clear of it.
          Cheers,Paul.

Comment

Yes, more crap from young Tredwyn. Chip off the old block

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X