KM Summer Pin-On Breast Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Summer Pin-On Breast Eagle

Need some help here, please. I have a chance to purchase this breast eagle, but have not before seen one with the solid back and rather substantial looking hinge hardware (appears cast-into the eagle), and the wide, flat lower retaining pin.

Can someone more familiar with these please let me know if this is an original and legitimate period form of eagle and attachment hardware?

Thanks in advance,

John
    Attached Files

The obverse view:
    Attached Files

Comment

The eagle is fine.

Kindest Regards,

John

Comment

the pin behind the swastika is to attach it to the uniform. Probably that it stays on the same place wenn it's windy or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tex
          the pin behind the swastika is to attach it to the uniform. Probably that it stays on the same place wenn it's windy or something like that.
          Tex is correct, this pin keeps the eagle from flopping forward on the uniform, and keeps it in position, this eagle is correctly made and marked, you will also see these made in zinc and in brass, and you will also see the hollowback versions, kindest regards, John

PS...your eagle is made of gilted aluminum and as a result will look mint 300 years from now if well kept, John

Comment

Thank you John and Tex for the quick responses. I have seen and, in fact, own the hollow-back variety with the somewhat less substantial attachment hardware, but had never seen one like this example. I will now definitely purchase it.

Thanks for the help, and best regards,

John

Comment

Originally posted by jwburchell
              Thank you John and Tex for the quick responses. I have seen and, in fact, own the hollow-back variety with the somewhat less substantial attachment hardware, but had never seen one like this example. I will now definitely purchase it.

Thanks for the help, and best regards,

John
              Hi John...glad we could help...also the eagle is maker marked "M" in an angled square on the reverse as is correct, John

Comment

no problem

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X