flight flieger blouse ..Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flight flieger blouse ..Question?

How unlikely would it be to find a flieger with 3 gulls with the prongs/pins not coming through the reverse of the collar. I thought blank tabs were usually sewn on first? The flieger is rayon lined dated 43 I believe. Thanks for all replies
    Jeff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ELECTRAFIXION; 03-11-2006, 03:01 PM. Reason: pic

I have an Uffz of flight and a Pionier Uffz where both have tabs that the gull's pins do not go through the collar. However both my Feldwebel examples and another Uffz have the pins going through the collar.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

back side
      Attached Files

Comment

bird
        Attached Files

Comment

stamps
          Attached Files

Comment

front
            Attached Files

Comment

Jeff,

You are correct, as a rule the blouses were issued / produced with blank tabs. Depending on the skill and preference one could certainly bend the prongs over either way. It is more likely, at least from my observation, to find them stuck through the collar though.

BR,
              Albert
              Last edited by Albert; 03-11-2006, 04:19 PM.

Comment

flieger

Thanks, Gene and Albert...Still up for opinion, what are overall thoughts on this flieger as being 100% right?
                Jeff
                Attached Files

Comment

So far everything looks okay. Do the tabs match each other, and are they of the same basic wear as the rest of the piece? Can you post a pic of the inside of the jacket showing the breast eagle?
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Insignia?

No more pics i'm waiting. the whole tunic is spotless hardly any wear.
                    Jeff

Comment

Very fine blouse!
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I do not see any problems with theis Fliegerbluse. I would agree that it is more common to see the gulls pinned through the tab and collar. But, have seen FBs just as this one is, and also cut insignia with the same arrangement.

Remember someone being promoted requires the adding of gulls or the changing of tabs with the correct gulls already attached.

Personally I think it is ok as long as all the other details of the FB are correct.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

flieger

One thing I just noticed The 2 buttons for the closure strap are missing on the reverse of the collar tab in the pic posted. When Willi said cut insignia is he referring to the eagle being trimmed right up to the stitch?
                          Jeff

Comment

Jeff, my reference to cut insignia was concerning collar tabs and the method of gull application. I have numerous pieces if uniform with tabs sewn to collars and some do not have gulls pushed through tab and collar.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Jeff, removed buttons and straps are not uncommon on the underside of the collar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X