Thoughts on M43 Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on M43 Tunic

Your thoughts on this M43 tunic. There are things I like about it and things I don't. All comments welcome.

Steve

Last edited by airborne_steve; 03-06-2006, 08:51 PM.

First thing that I noticed was that the eagle is post war replaced whether it is sewn through the lining or not for me it is still replaced.
    Looks to have had a trapazoid eagle at one point as you can see an outline of it.

The basic jacket,lining looks fine, the tabs have a chance of being period sewn. Not sure if I like the looks of the tresse,similar to East German but the Germans did have other patterns other than the accepted square diamond pattern,

Glenn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 03-06-2006, 08:56 PM.
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Steve, I had the same thoughts run thru my head when I viewed this. I dont want to disrespect the seller but it just doesnt seem to be a "one looker". the buttons seem a strange shade. the eagle stitching makes me think too. does he state if it goes thru the liner, I know some did. I like to hear some others opionions also. if its 100% then it sure is a nice one for a great price. but still, I prefer a more used one myself either way. Glenn

Comment

hard to find some big problems with it - maybe that its mint.. and wool looks kinda like Swiss wool.. - but it maybe pictures discoloration

Comment

and I was gonna say" Glenn (Feldwebl) should look at this." I personally feel Glenn knows His Heer tunics quite well. I respect His comments. Glenn

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the tress work either. I had the same thought about the eagle. There is something about the color of the thread used around the belt hook eyes......Humm...

I'm use to seeing the green, rayon lining in these things. I get paranoid when I see grey cotton, twill linings.

Should I be paranoid on this one?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve
              I'm not a big fan of the tress work either. I had the same thought about the eagle. There is something about the color of the thread used around the belt hook eyes......Humm...

I'm use to seeing the green, rayon lining in these things. I get paranoid when I see grey cotton, twill linings.

Should I be paranoid on this one?

Steve
              It's a 44 dated piece and the grey cotton linings were in use at that time,same type lining as you would see in most Model 44 tunics..The markings look good etc.

I am sure others will comment..

Glenn

Comment

Looks like a nice example to me: fabric, lining, markings, tabs, etc. as typically seen. The only question I have is about the national emblem which may have been replaced. As Glenn wrote, from at least one photo it appears to have had a trapazoidal eagle at one time.

Comment

I like the tunic,buttons are painted in the late war blue grey.Can't comment on the insignia.WR Jim

Comment

Oh, from the pictures, I doubt there is anything wrong with that basic jacket.

Perhaps the tresse could be questioned as the jacket looks quite mint and the tresse would be applied after the jacket was issued.

Glenn's observation about the eagle might also be correct, although a triangle eagle is not what would normally be encountered on these M43 jackets.

If it's cheap enough, it night be worth it just due to the condition (what happened to the belt hook supports?).

B. N. Singer

Comment

m43

Belt support loops appear to have been cut off...

Marty
                      I love the beach.

Comment

Trapaziodal national emblems are rare on M43 style jackets, but have seen this application on '44 dated pieces such as this example in gabardine - and also with blouses constructed of the standard wool fabrics.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mike Davis; 03-07-2006, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D.
                          Trapaziodal national emblems are rare on M43 style jackets, but have seen this application on '44 dated pieces such as this example in gabardine - and also with blouses constructed of the standard wool fabrics.
                          Well Mr. Mike D, you sure know how to shut a fellow up!!

B. N. Singer
                          Last edited by B. N. Singer; 03-06-2006, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I have seen them done in a trap as well but as Mike mentioned only ever on the 44 dated M43 style blouses..Nice looking jacket Mike.

Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X