Help with an HG panzer wrapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with an HG panzer wrapper

ANy and all comments appreciated. Jacket appears fairly unissued. Someone ripped out the belt ramp support material. Proper bias material between the shoulders..more pics furnished if desired. Piping joins at 3:00.which may be bothersome to some.
    Attached Files

more shots

More shots..compare with buttons posted below..These buttons on this wrapper are not a new plastic..but are a "composition"..definitely not new..and do look good to me when viewd from the side..where they vary in thickness and you can see clearly the composite makeup of the buttons
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 03-05-2006, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Eagle

Eagle..while I undestand its not a black backed eagle..I did read earlier HG wrappers did have the standard blue wool eagle..
      Attached Files

Comment

Interior Left

Interior
        Attached Files

Comment

Interior Right

Interior right..jacket is void of any stampings whatsoever.no rb..sizing..etc etc..I dont believe the jacket has been washed..unless the markings have faded..but this seems unlikey. Sleeve closure finished with the same light grey/greenish material. Hardware to neck closure appeaers period.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not comfy with any aspect of this wrapper
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks Gene..details details please ..if one dosnt like the wrapper.I need some concrete details they are of the most help thanks!
              Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 03-05-2006, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Interesting.

Tough to tell from what you have shown, but I would venture a Heer example.

Any chance to have more pictures. One perhaps of a close up of the lining, it looks as though it might be the typical "later war" mouse gray type often seen in SS garments. What is the "box like" stitching that can be seen in the upper shoulder area of your picture "interior left"?

The lack of any markings is curious, however, if it were a fake I would expect to see stamps for sure.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Pics

Hello Singer..the "box like" area is actually just a shadow..I've taken a close up.part of it is the sewing for the shoulder strap loops. There is no eveidence of the liner ever having been removed to replace the eagle..from Heer to Luft.of that im quite sure. Also.the lining asyou mentioned is that mouse grey light weight material. I"e uploade some more pics.thanks for your assistance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bias Lining

Lining Flash brightened the bias material.its actually a more soft cream color. The interfacing/bias material runs down the entire front of the jacket..and is finished up in the lower hem seam..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 03-05-2006, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Closeup of lining material unfortunately the resolution picked up some photo anomolities..ie. the wave like appearance to the lining..the picture above showing the lining accurately reflects its appearance
                      Attached Files

Comment

Button comparison

Same type of button found on an SS dot wrapper. While I dont own this dot wrapper.it came out of the collection of Jerome Blake..and by all accounts appears to me to be a good piece based upon the dozen or so photos I've seen.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sleeve closue.

Exterior of cuff closure
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interior of cuff closure
                            Attached Files

Comment

More d etail
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X