Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on Panzer wrap Heinz Rohde

Hi all,

Peter Lukacs has a Panzer wrapper for sale which belonged to Heinze Rohde. It was in an auction from Hermann Historica. In the auction there were two lots from Rohde. I am interested in this wrap and like to know what your opinions are of this wrap. Has someone seen this wrap at Peter's site?

I think the Tunic has been placed on hold.

Comment

I think the Tunic has been placed on hold.

Comment

Yes it is placed on hold for me.

Comment

Attached is the tunic in question. I personally like the look of it! However, more comments please.

Steve

Comment

Probably an original coat (insignias NOT considered) but certainly not the one being worn in the wartime photo.

B. N. Singer

Comment

auctioned by Hermann Historica in their last auction...sold to a WAF member.
              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Greetings all,
                in fact I am the owner of the other (large) part of the estate. I was an astounding set, all from the family and contained a huge archive of documents and personal articles (I have a five kilo box of panther and panzer schule documents from him!). Richard I will write to you now with more details. The uniform WILL be shown in it's entirety in my new book due out in Fall and in fact the uniform I have (2nd pattern wrap) will be shown on the cover.

Whilst it is arguable that this is not the identical uniform worn in the photo Rohde was in fact wounded no less than 8 times, several being very severe wounds ( in one he was the only subsiquent survivor in his tank! several of the wounds obviously requiring the tunic to be replaced). He served from 1940 starting as a Panzersch******252;tze and ended the war as a Leutnant, and holder of the Wound Badge in Gold, EK1, panzer badge and others. photos show him in several tunics.....as well as wearing items such as captured a captured Russian Officer belt (see below). He also mentiones in a letter home that all their baggage was captured by the Soviets and all he has is what he stood up in! So this man was issued several replacement uniforms at the least.

Here is a pic of my uniform (there is a lovely period pic of him wearing this exact cap as an officer!), more in the book!
                Cheers, Wade K.

Last edited by Panzer; 02-28-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Very nice history and items...the gods of Luck and War have been kind to you! I would love to read the letters..so many are in the ellusive german "schrift" that they are next to impossible to read..having clear written either typing or handwriting is a wondeful thing..!

Comment

Just a question. The piping on the tabs has been sewn in, at 3 oclock and 9 oclock respectively, in a way that I have not seen before. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                      3.5cm piece of shrapnel they removed from his skull!
                      god damn. talk about original militaria.

Comment

Unfortunately the tunic will not come to me . There was one buyer in front of me who did not respond in time so I got the change to buy the set. It came out that the first buyer could not respond by mail for personal reasons but he did pay for the tunic while I was dealing with Peter. So I got bad luck. Better luck next time.

Comment

you dealt first and he paid first?

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf
                            Just a question. The piping on the tabs has been sewn in, at 3 oclock and 9 oclock respectively, in a way that I have not seen before. Is that correct?
                            Hello Jacques,
                            indeed I have seen this before, although it cannot be said to be the norm. With items like this made in various factories or even small home co-ops the quality and techniques vary somewhat....mostly late in the war. Note also that whilst the colour looks very red this is just the camera's response to the lighting.....they are in fact rose pink rayon.
                            Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf
                              This to me is highly uncommon, and when it is seen, the occurrence is more likely with the early style piping.

Of greater concern is not the piping positioning but the construction application, this does NOT look correct!

Further, the concept of "small home co-ops" varience in the production of collar tabs has absolutely no bearing on a wraparound that is mass factory produced.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X