Clear All

is anything real about this tunic?

hi,can anyone tell me if this tunic or anything on it is genuine thanks
    Attached Files

inside

inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry the tunic is bad for sure. Looks like a converted Swedish tunic? Hard to tell if anything else is good from this photo.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

tunic

another pic
        Attached Files

Comment

tunic

thanks for the fast reply i just hope some of the add ons are genuine other whise looks like i have just gambled £50 on a duff 1
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't like it and agree that it may be Swedish in origin due to the colour and cut of the pockets. Also the top button is unevenly spaced indicating that it has been an open collar tunic converted to a closed collar. I see no markings that I recognise either. The collar badge looks ok but the breast eagle is a fake IMO - take it back if you can.

John

Comment

tunic

and another
              Attached Files

Comment

tunic

looks like i have just bought an expensive pair of pyjamas ebay strikes again
                Attached Files

Comment

Ribbon bar looks good. Litzen look ok, but probably not the backing, as they're stitched on crooked. Agree on the probable Swedish origin of the tunic. Reenactor junk.

HTH
                  Ray

Comment

thanks every 1 for the help i appreciate it ,regards sscrooge

Comment

Swedish Tunic

Greetings
                      Yes this is a bad tunic. Look at the back and see the center seam. The top collar buttonhole is in the wrong place. The markings are an absolute fantasy. The Haeren marking is used on the Post-war tent poles that AT THE FRONT sells. I think they are Norweigen. The eagle looks bad and the boards look like a pair that I made.The collar tabs looked good from the little I could see.The ribbon bar didn't look bad. Send it back as fast as you can. With what you paid you could have won a very nice repro tunic and trousers off of ebay US. Sorry to be the downer!

Fred Green

Comment

"H******198;REN" is the Norwegian (and Danish) word for "The Army"

Comment

It's indeed a Norwegian tunic. A had one which I converted in my early re-enacting days.

Comment

it looks like one of those tunic that you see in john wayne s films ....

Comment

You paid 50 pounds? That is only $87. That is not far off the mark for a converted swedish tunic with the trimmings for a reenactor. Not saying that is what you wanted, and if the seller said it was an original tunic, then that is just plain wrong. But the price is not that bad for what you got. Top line reproduction reenactor tunics are $150-$200.
                              HC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X