Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was looking to start a collection....

Hello All,

I'm new to the board, but not new to German militaria, and the history behind it. My grandfather was in WW2, recruited into the 6th SS Gebirgsjager Division at 17 and over the years I have taken a liking to the firearms from that era, as well as being able to boast a fairly nice collection of k98 rifles.

I was however, starting to look to start a collection for Gebirgsjager items, and had alot of questions if someone had the time to answer them for me. The only real items that I have at the time, are a Gebirgsjaber Windjacke (the windbreaker, not the anorak) and a pair of brown Gebirgsjager boots, with the metal hobnails (and heavy as all hell). In some respects, I wouldn't mind settling for a nice, quality reproduction (i.e. Ystraps, canteen).

I had a couple questions in regards to what direction I was looking to start in:

1) What pants were commonly worn at the rank of Major with the Windjacke in the field?
    2) What special gear did the Gebirgsjager have ( i know of the cap, cap insignia and some climbing tools)?

I also had alot of interest the the windjacket (anorak) and matching windhose, but have had no luck finding originals, nor quality reproductions.

I am very new to this, so any advice would be great.

Thanks!

My answer to you is to ask Bergfuhrerkiser

He is the is the original "mountain man" and has a nice website!

There are other knowledgable and friendly members here that will probably help.

As for finding original items, this place is as good as anywhere, although in the year that I have been here, I have not seen a great deal of Gebirgs items. But there have been some nice tunics and patience is the best bet.

Mark

Comment

Gebirgsjaeger

There is a European forum member, with the user name of GJR100, who is also very knowledgeable. You can look through his threads and posts and learn a great deal.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X