Opinions on M42/43 Heer Tunic Strange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on M42/43 Heer Tunic Strange?

I found this very interesting tunic and would like your opinions on it. The tunic is made of the later M44, brown wool. However the pockets have been replaced(?) with the green M42/43 wool along with the collar. The lower pocket flaps are of the M42/43 pattern but the upper pocket flaps are the M43 style. It has LW, HG shoulder straps?

The satin liner has no evidence of having the pockets replaced?

Your thoughts welcome. Thank you.

Steve

Looks like a nice original jacket. The pockets/collar were probably applied from the factory to use up existing stocks of material.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Not all that unusual to see different shade of materials on same tunic of that period. I've seen more extreme examples than that, including a half splinter half marsh camo winter jacket! The different pattern pockets is a new one to me, but within parameters as they said on Star Trek Next Generation. If you saw this mismatch on an early or pre war tunic its another story! Not sure about those boards. Otherwise, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I like it!

Sincerely
      Ray

Comment

wow, I dig it Steve. is it yours? I personally like "scrap pieced" together items and this one screams that. I would change out the straps but otherwise... Glenn

Comment

Glenn,

Its not mine........yet. I plan on buying it ASAP! Thank you for your comments. It kind of calls to me as well

Cheers

Respectfully, Steve

Comment

Beautiful one

I like it very much and from what I can see there is no problem for collar and pockets. Only one strange thing for me the 38/40 collar tabs on a late Feldbluse but it is not the first time I see that !
            Is it possible to have a photo of hook strap place ? And could you tell what I can see near the control marks, like a stiching or something on the satin liner.

AmitiƩs de Laurent

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X