Tropical strap pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical strap pictures

I am in the beginning stages of an article for this Forum on Heer straps & boards. I am in need of digital color photos of Heer tropical shoulder straps with the copper-brown NCO tress. If you can supply such pictures please let me know by PM. You will be given credit for any photos used in the article.

SOMEBODY must have a tropical NCO strap....

If need be I'll BUY one. Come on, give it up... (Disappointing the Sebatron is not an option I want to explore... )

Comment

Hi do you search this?

Comment

No, I think he is looking for authentic examples.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

What do you mean John ..is this not real?

Comment

only my opinion...

Hi Tommy,

I mean no offense, and I am no expert. I do not even collect Heer DAK, but have seen many worn straps and tunics that were brought back from Afrika by US soldiers. The tunic troubles me more than the strap. Dal McGuirk and Ralph Heinz have much knowledge in this area, and Ralph contributes here, so please PM him and ask for his opinion. If you want to discuss this futher I would be glad to, and I must say I'm also troubled by your Luft. tunic with Fj cufftitle that Françios posted for you. I have resisted comment so as to not cause bad feelings.

Regards,
            John
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello John.

Yes its Ok you must in the last years very big sceptis have.
              I know there is in the last years many good fakes with cufftitles come.
              What for Luft tunic you mean?The blue Fliegerbluse with the FJ Division cufftitle? Yes about this Tunic i know that is very many fakes on the market.

Comment

Yes, excuse me. I meant blouse not tunic. At work and rushed....And yes, the one with the Division title. I do not imply the blouse is not authentic, I think it is. But, do you consider the cufftitle original to the blouse?

Near perfect reproductions have been produced since the early 80's. Did you see the reproduction green step in jump smock I posted on the greunmeliert thread?

Regards,
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello John...

Never mind.I think this is your opinion.And i’m happy that someone said ‚Mhhh it is possible...etc.
                  Then i think i can learn many about my Tunics and my other items.Nobody is Perfect.

Yes John i think, thats my opinion that the Blouse is orginal but the Cufftitle is after war. I have buy the Blouse the cufftitle was on the Uniform. I have searched to a nice LW Blouse but this cufftitle was on it.

Please can your opinion write in simple Words? My Translater is not good.

Cheers Tommy nice work

Comment

Achtung

Hi fellows,

This is currently on ebay from the Czech Rep. Do an ebay search of "DAK straps" and you will see a long listing of these.

Regards,
                    John
                    Attached Files
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks for sharing that photo John...scary stuff they are making now.....but, once you handle real ones, it is easy.

And, I agree completely on that above trop tunic........the whole thing looks bad....eagle, tunic, collar work, boards, fabric and even the green painted pips and buttons.

Willi
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks for your input Willi.

Tommy, I still think your flight blouse is authentic, but not the title. However, as Willi said, the tropical tunic is not authentic.

Here is another set of straps from ebay. Jos, you asked a while back if tropical, copper tresse was being reproduced. These straps on ebay comfirm that it is.

Regards,
                        John
                        Attached Files
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

supposed to be Heer straps...
                          Attached Files
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks John for the examples of the fakes. and for the input.
                            I still learn more.

Thanks Tommy

Comment

Tropical strap

Send me your e-mail address please and I will send photos of a set that I have acquired

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X