Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Shoulder Board

Hi Guys,

I collect Iron Crosses and combat badges but have no idea regarding insignia.

Can anyone identify the shoulder board posted and confirm authenticity?

Thanking in advance.

Regards...
    Attached Files

Both are good

The left one I can't recall what organisation it is for; it is Para - Military I think? The right one is for a Customs Official for the rank of Zollbetriebs-Assistent.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade,

Much appreciated.

Regards ...

Comment

Shoulder Board

Thanks Chris and Ade. Will enjoy this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by hagwalther
          Hi Guys,

I collect Iron Crosses and combat badges but have no idea regarding insignia.

Can anyone identify the shoulder board posted and confirm authenticity?

Thanking in advance.

Regards...

Hello hagwalther,

The shoulder board on the Right is from the Reichsfinanzverwaltung ( National Finance Administration, rank of Zollbetriebs-Assistent is correct as the previous post suggested. But with the bright silver of the board referes to Customs Frontier Service or the regular Custom Officals.

The other board is very interesting. Several Civil organitation used a four cord shoulded board. Red Cross, Bahnschutz, NSFK, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, and the SA. The key to this board is the silver underlay. I'll continue to reasearch this item. If I find any information I will let you know.

Regards,
          Howard

Comment

Thanks Howard.

This is not my collecting aspect at all and I came across these the other day.

I will update my log as per new information.

Many Thanks.

Regards ...

Comment

Hi Howard
              Thankyou for that . Hagwalther posted this thread for me before introducing me to the forum. It has been a wealth of information for me. I look foreward to any more info you can find on the board.

All the best
              Ross

Comment

Originally posted by hagwalther
                Thanks Howard.

This is not my collecting aspect at all and I came across these the other day.

I will update my log as per new information.

Many Thanks.

Regards ...

Hello Bob & Tsuba,

I forgot to add, concerning the Custom's shoulder board. The same ranks can be found with a dull silver, these are for the Landzollbeamte, or rather Land Customs officals. Including Border Protection service.

So far no luck on the other board. Would you mind posting the reverse of the "unknown" board?

Enclosed is a photo of the dull silver Border Protection Service board, two examples both singles and photo of a Custom's servive collar tab cut off a collar.

Regards,
                Howard

Regards,
                Howard
                Last edited by Howard Kelley; 06-03-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Howard
                  I havn't got the board now but will ask new owner if he can post a photo. But you can see the back construction on my photo. The bit pocking out to the side of the bands is what it looks like. It is metalic cross thread with a white felt tab.
                  Hope this helps.

Regards
                  Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Tsuba
                    Hi Howard
                    I havn't got the board now but will ask new owner if he can post a photo. But you can see the back construction on my photo. The bit pocking out to the side of the bands is what it looks like. It is metalic cross thread with a white felt tab.
                    Hope this helps.

Regards
                    Ross
                    Thanks Ross,

Helps alot. Just wanted to make for sure the underlay was metalic silver.
                    This is starting to get under my skin! I hate unknown items.

Best,
                    Howard

Comment

Poss. ID on unknown SB

Ross,

Here's what I think is the answer.

After going through lots of reference, I could not find an exact 100% match.

Nearest I could find to your board is from the Kriegsmarine.

In Angola's reference Vol. 1 of the Kriegsmarine, pages 130-140.

Rank insignia for Officer Cadets. Rank of Oberfahnrich. Line officer career.

It matches to about 80%. I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

Regards,
                      Howard
                      Last edited by Howard Kelley; 03-15-2006, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Thankyou very much for your help Howard . Much appreciated. We will try to get a photo of its back for you.

All the best

Ross

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X