Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange collarstitchings on this HBT-tunic

Hello to all

Have a small question concerning the zig-zag stitchings on a collar of HBT-tunics. Mine doesn't have the typical zig-zag stitchings under the collar, but rather a sort of wavy-style stitchings. Is this typical for the 3th pattern HBT-tunics ( straight flaps and no pleated pockets?)I already posted this questions some months ago, but now I can show you the pictures. There is no doubts that this tunic is original. Did anyone else has the same type of stitchings on their HBT's. Please check out your tunics and let me know. Personally I have never seen this sort of configuration on wool tunics neither on HBT-tunics. Thanks for the help in advance.

!!already a Happy Newyear to all the moderators and members!!

Kind regards

Jan
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

4 machine stitched breast-eagle ( sorry for the poor quality)
        Attached Files

Comment

M43 tunics

Hello Jan,

I know that uniform collectors are obsessed with zig zag stitching, but I think that other methods were used and are perfectly correct.

I posted a thread on another forum of a M43 tunic made from Italian cloth but uses HBT material under the collar. It uses the same wavy stitching as yours. the link is:

http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...3&m=7723002986

I have 2 HBT tunics, a third model with zig zag stitching and a second model that has no stitching under the collar other than a single straight stitch.

Hopefully others will share their thoughts.Regards Jim

Comment

I've never seen that type of collar stitching before, but the tunic sure looks original to me. Since it was an area that wouldn't show, it was probably up to the tailor to decide how to do it. I couldn't run a sewing machine if my life depended on it, but I'll bet the 'wave' was a lot faster to do that the traditional zig-zag.

Thanks for the pictures. Learned something new today.

Comment

Hi Jan, nice jacket! Nothing wrong with the stitching from what I can see. Again, I have not seen one quite the same as yours, but I have no doubts about it. Wavy line stitching is correct on several garments and something the fakers have not picked up on, yet.
              Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Jim, Dave and Ade thanks for the replies...

Indeed, like Dave mentionned, it was probably up to the fabricant to stitch the collar like he felt...and Like Ade stated, they've been seen on other garments...

Thanks again

Cheers

Jan

Comment

Catch a wave!

Hi Jan ,I have seen this in a reference book called....Uniforms of the SS 1938-1945 by Dainippon-Kaiga .Not sure if that's the authors first name because nippon means Japan.Well anyway for those of you that have this book the example is on page 26 bottom left-hand corner.The stitching is done in the same wave pattern.Only using one stitch line where yours has two.Hope this helps.........Nice HBT BTW !

Comment

Hello Johnny

Thanks for the reference...I don't have the book but if someone has that picture, it would be nice to post...

Cheers

Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X