26. Panzer Division Cap Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
    When I saw the actual badge it looked like a zinc color and I notice the ring around was more oval. I have no doubt that his was an original. He also had a photo album that was out of this world. It had pics of him from when he belonged to some student organisations(banded ones at that) then of his service. He had his soldbuch and what remained of his sword. When the war ended and he returned home he was afraid he might be arrested for haveing it so he broke the sword and kept the hilt end with about 6" of the blade. He was from the HV and attached to the 26th. I also had one of his shoulder straps but it has went missing either was lost in moving or some light fingered person wanted it more than me. he was an officer due to his technical training. I asked him if I could have his items but he said at that time they would go to his family and just gave me the picture and the strap
    Thank you for sharing this story. It adds a personal slant to this thread. It also reinforces my comments about the sense of pride and esprit these small pieces of metal, instilled in the troops.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. The badge in the picture is not the same as any badge posted so far. That fact you saw the actual badge confirms it.

Many thanks for your contributions.

I hope others will comment.

WR Jim

Comment

Also Frank was from Potsdam and there are reletives of his still there

Comment

My prized cap badge, 16.Pz.Division, with issue certificate, signed by the Chef of 2/Pz.Pi.Btl.16.

I am looking for anything related to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16, this includes, insignia, uniforms, documents, anything. I am also looking for an Panzerpioniere uniform items.
        Thanks Steve
        Last edited by PANZERPIONIERE; 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Three more cap badges, the upper two are from the 116 Pz.Div. the lower one is a rare cap badge from the 225 Infantry Division, it is to be sewn on.

Looking for anything related to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16

Thanks Steve
          Last edited by PANZERPIONIERE; 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Here is my 16. Pz Div
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PANZERPIONIERE View Post
              Three more cap badges, the upper two are from the 116 Pz.Div. the lower one is a rare cap badge from the 225 Infantry Division, it is to be sewn on.

Looking for anything related to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16

Thanks Steve
              Steve,

I love the 225 ID and 16 Panzer grouping! I sent you a PM.WR Jim

Comment

I figured I'd make one final comment before the thread disappeared . Maybe dredge up a few more comments.

Bob Hritz was over today and examined the badge I have. He said its a copper/zinc mix vs. Cupal. This mix was often seen on day badges.Of course Priessler made day badges, so that fits. Its also die struck vs. die forged. The pin is original to the badge. He also stated hes never seen a postwar Priessler marked in this manner. So he believes the badge is an original period piece.

I haven't found any evidence that would suggest otherwise.

However, if anyone has evidence to the contrary, your comments are welcome.
                WR jim

Comment

Another 26. Panzer Division...

I would like to hear some thoughts about this badge! Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
                      I would like to hear some thoughts about this badge! Thanks

its original, value = 107.22.- Euro

Comment

Originally posted by MisterX View Post
                        its original, value = 107.22.- Euro
                        Are you sure? I was not sure and I did not place a bid

Comment

100% sure, but the lower part of the pin is missing. IMO its too much for a damaged pin.

Comment

I have seen one on a web site.... was it Weitze? I don't remmeber the price.....250 or 300 Euro???

Comment

26. Panzer Divison Badge

Here is my contribution to the thread.
                              Attached Files

Comment

26. Panzer Division

The back.

My compliments to Mr. Pool for all the hard work and research he put into this thread. Thank you!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X