HC

Comment

Attached Files
        HC

Comment

Attached Files
          HC

Comment

A beautiful pair of mint cord tropical breeches. Very nice indeed. They are so mint the chalk lot number is still on the components. Good score

Steve

Comment

I think you should wait for a nicer pair...
              Seriously, superb breeches, congratulations.
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks guys, they are mint to be sure, which caused me a bit of concern. Almost brand new looking. Why does this pair not have the claw buckle I've seen on other breeches; just a manufacturer variation? Also, no stamped markings at all, and no snap loops inside for underwear.

Incidentally, that chalk number can also be found at the bottom of each of the pocket linings!
                HC

Comment

Hi Harry, you can see clearly that these were made in 1999, as the chalk markings suggest . Just kidding, IMO they look great!

Regards,

Comment

All just variation, Harry. Some may say "officers" issue, but I prefer to say they are a variation. I have seen several pairs identical. The 1999 would have been a lot number or article number. I bet its on every piece somewhere.

HTH
                    Steve

Comment

Althought it appears to be 1999, IMO it is written 1944.

Comment

Although they've got a few nice details to them and the front closure has been seen before on privately tailored trousers I don't like them...they could be period, have a nice 1999 written in "old" German handwriting with a grease pen and stuff, but I wouldn't be comfortable with them in my collection;imo they're not "Kommis" or "Heer-Issue" if you prefer,and I'd go for a honest-to God pair of tropical breeches with all the bells and whistles,i.e. sewn in web belt with claw belt,loops for the underwear,nice,genuine markings aso.
                        I'd gladly pass on them or return them to the seller,after all there are DOZENS of WH-ISSUE breeches out there waiting for new owners, and I think that taking a look at any dealer's table would offer a nice reference on how such a pair should look like...but that's me!
                        FWIW
                        Manny

Comment

Originally posted by afrika
                          All just variation, Harry. Some may say "officers" issue, but I prefer to say they are a variation.
                          HTH
                          Steve
                          They are neither "just a variation, nor "officer's issue" If autnentic, and I think they are, they are merely private purchase breeches. I have seen a tan pair that came from a SS soldier serving in Greece. Private purchase may mean officers were more likely to wear them, but not exclusively so. As Manny has said, they are not "issue" at all, and this explains the lack of usual issue features like the intergral belt, loops, or markings. And as Manny advised, this is why many only collect "standard issue" uniforms, they provide a list of common benchmarks with which to judge any piece.

Regards,
                          John
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks for the good honest input everyone. I guess I need to decide whether to keep these since I got them for a good price, or to return them to the seller.
                            HC

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
                              They are neither "just a variation, nor "officer's issue" If autnentic, and I think they are, they are merely private purchase breeches. I have seen a tan pair that came from a SS soldier serving in Greece. Private purchase may mean officers were more likely to wear them, but not exclusively so. As Manny has said, they are not "issue" at all, and this explains the lack of usual issue features like the intergral belt, loops, or markings. And as Manny advised, this is why many only collect "standard issue" uniforms, they provide a list of common benchmarks with which to judge any piece.

Regards,
                              John
                              Hi John,
                              in your last six lines you do have hit the nail on the head !They may be 123% genuine private purchase breeches that could have even started their life as a pair of "Kommis" breeches "revised" by a tailor or a "Kompanie schneider"...they could be very interesting if authentic,and I also think they are...but Harry would be bound to stay with them forever, since in case he'd decide to sell them the would-be buyer would surely deem them worth less than a plugg'd nickel....I'd go with a REAL pair...and keep them only if their price has been a MORE THAN FRIENDLY one!
                              My two cents
                              Manny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X