Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake KR5 & GD straps on German eBay

http://cgi.ebay.de/SELTEN-Paar-Schul...QQcmdZViewItem

The fakers seem to be watching this forum making repros of items that are shown here. This appeared not long after the threads concerning embroidered KR 5 straps. Fake GD Panzerjaeger pieces appeared not long after Scott P. posted his original piece. There are about three sellers that seem to be involved in this. The pieces they list always have the same construction and artificial aging, including a button imprint. Somebody paid over 400 Euros for a pair of these (GD Pionier) recently.

And he ended the auction already too. . . . .
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The guy has had many GD pairs on ebay for the last weeks...... all the same stiching, only the branch colours different

Comment

its pretty obvious these were copied from the set I got from Peter V. Lukas.Fortunately there are lots of differences between the two.

Is it possible to see a pair of his GD straps. I couldn't find any pics.

Jim

Comment

...I hope they watch this thread he,he. Their fakes don't pass here, so

Comment

Glen:
            No doubt fake straps continue to appear on ebay...perhaps this guy is involved in some of that. The vast majority are bad, but as you know, German ebay is still a source for good pieces if one looks hard and is careful.

I bought the GD Pionier straps at something over 400 Euro...and would not have done so if I believed they were not originals...and they are. Not a thing wrong with them that I can see. If this guy is faking and artificially aging things, he has absolutely perfected - perfected - his technique beyond my ability to discerne ... and I have been fooled.
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
              Glen:

I bought the GD Pionier straps at something over 400 Euro...and would not have done so if I believed they were not originals...and they are. Not a thing wrong with them that I can see. If this guy is faking and artificially aging things, he has absolutely perfected - perfected - his technique beyond my ability to discerne ... and I have been fooled.
              Strange you should mention that. I've had several conversations this week with folks wondering whats going on. Lot of unique embroidered boards showing up-lots of GD, 5th KR, pz pI. and FHH. We all may be paranoid but the thought that some crook has perfected SBs so that it fools advanced collectors certainly is scary.

jim

Comment

...then again,, you'd think if they were that good at forgery and paid so much attention to what is recorded in this Forum, they'd be smart enough not to flood the air waves...maybe not.

Most of the fake GD straps... and ie, most on ebay, take one-look. At least for me they do.
                CSP

sigpic

Comment

..and the GD straps I purchased were not from the seller who was offereing these 5. Kavallerie straps...which...for me...are "one-look-aways". (Glenn might be correct that several are involved). The piping is all wrong, and as Glenn also points out, the soiling looks contrived. I just do not see the same exhibited on the set of GD straps I bought.

Think one has to take every item on its own merit. No doubt that forgery conspiracies are in operation, given what we will pay for this stuff.
                  CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
                    ..and the GD straps I purchased were not from the seller who was offereing these 5. Kavallerie straps...which...for me...are "one-look-aways". (Glenn might be correct that several are involved). The piping is all wrong, and as Glenn also points out, the soiling looks contrived. I just do not see the same exhibited on the set of GD straps I bought.

Think one has to take every item on its own merit. No doubt that forgery conspiracies are in operation, given what we will pay for this stuff.
                    I did a quick comparison of the E Bay set to the ones I got from Peter. Not saying mine are original (still debatable), just a heck of a lot more convincing. jim
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X