Gebergsjager Camo'... Help, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebergsjager Camo'... Help, please...

Good day to all...firstly, I'm not a uniform man and have never ventured into this field but on finding this camo uniform (which i had forgotton about) stored in a cupboard, I thought that I would put it before you guys to see what you think... It seems to be field made, loosely based on an M44, groundsheet material, original buttons (some replaced with period brown buttons) The pants are a lighter shade than the jacket, which I would expect, due to extra washing.. The Insignia look right and period attached, but as I say, I'm no expert.. So, over to you Guys, any Information, good or bad, would be greatly apreciated...BTW, Merry Christmas to one and all....
    Attached Files
    Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Attached Files
    Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Attached Files
      Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Attached Files
        Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

looks Good

Hi,

there are lots of repro field made pieces but they generally lack the detailing and wear your jacket has.I love the stitching, button holes and other details. I would guess its a good piece.Can't comment if the insignia is original to the tunic without more details ie checking for shadows etc.Hope this helps.Jim

Comment

NICE

To my judgement this is an original piece , although it is not factory made ! I have several pictures of soldiers wearing non-regular camo uniforms, so they did exist and were very often made of zeltbahn cloth !
            The stitching is mostly the clue to contemporary or post-war constructions, but for this more detailed pictures would be useful !

Werner

For more info

http://users.pandora.be/reitz
            Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Hello Werner

First of all, a warm welcome.

This is also a book about camo-uniforms by J. borsarello. Qre you familiar with this edition?

Kind regards

Jan

Comment

Borsarello book

Jan ,

yes I have all Borsarello's books, he is the co-author of my new book. Untill today these yellow books and the book by Daniel Peterson were the only ones that existed on WH camo.

My new book will finally cover all known Wehrmacht camo items in one book, with the proper descriptions and better than all that was published before !

Borsarello admits that his yellow booklets were a first try-out and very valuable in the time that they were released. But in 2002 they are well out-dated so that is one of the main reasons that he agreed in co-authorship on the new book !

Werner
                Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X