cuff title GD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cuff title GD

Please,your opinions about this cuff title?
    Attached Files

next
    Attached Files

Comment

next.

Comment

next
        Attached Files

Comment

I do not think this is original pre 1945...rather I think it is more likely a post war Veterans hand out.

The backing to the embroidery is not typical at all of wartime examples. The embroidery is not like wartime examples either (materials, letter formations and actualy stitching).

You'd have a real hard time validating this with GD collectors. If the price is very cheap, it might be worth it in case it could ever be substantiated.
          CSP

sigpic

Comment

I agree. I've watched this one sit on the e-stand for some time now, with my own reservations, and when I saw it posted here for discussion I had a feeling it was going to bring these sorts of comments. IMHO it doesn't match up with known authentic GD cuff titles. It's convincing enough, and I'd like to have it in hand to personally inspect it, but my gut feeling on this one is

Comment

Many thanks all, your opinions dispel all my doubt.
              Sergey

Comment

Personally I haven't ruled this out as being a wartime piece. I think the biggest detractor for me is there seems to be no aging to it. Certainly not much of an arguement since there are plenty of original items out there in mint condition.
                Its not a textbook piece but numerous private/non standard examples existed going by the photographic evidence. GD elements fought in, passed through or were stationed in almost every country in continental Europe. Certainly some members made use of the local tailor shops.

I have a similar CT showing non standard features as well. I believe its a good one but I don't have any provenance to support my arguement. It came out of a flea market in germany. Could be real, could be a fake or Vet item. Any way here are a few comparison shots. regards Jim

The top ones mine.The middle example came out of williamsons book on Cts.Zingers is at the bottom. The lettering on zingers is bolder than the other two but well executed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Heres just a close up of the first 4 letters on mine and zingers. Mine was done a a higher resolution so not really a good comparison.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Heres a shot of the backsides on mine and zingers.

Unfortunately as a non textbook piece it becomes the "owners" problem to believe its original. I believe theres a chance its real, but I would have to have it in hand to convince myself one way or the other.

With all these questions most folks just aren't willing to take that risk.

regards Jim
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by djpool; 11-15-2005, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Sorry,djpool,your Gd title without turndown cloth on back side,sorry for my english?
                      Sergey

Comment

Originally posted by zinger
                        Sorry,djpool,your Gd title without turndown cloth on back side,sorry for my english?
                        Sergey
                        Hi Sergey,

Yes the construction of my CT on the back is very similar to yours. its doesn't have the turndown cloth at the top and bottom like textbook examples do.theres a single piece of fabric sewn to the back. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by djpool
                          Hi Sergey,

Yes the construction of my CT on the back is very similar to yours. its doesn't have the turndown cloth at the top and bottom like textbook examples do.theres a single piece of fabric sewn to the back. Jim
                          Thanks Jim!
                          I will fooking for other GD for my collection.
                          Sergey

Comment

Hi !
                            Please your opinions about this title GD,this normally that the letters such angularly?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zinger
                              Hi !
                              Please your opinions about this title GD,this normally that the letters such angularly?

these I would say are pure fantasy.Wrong construction, lettering etc.Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X