No announcement yet.

Jager vs. Gebirgsjager Waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take it ever further than that. Back then they didn't have snappy color copiers/printers. The Grand III Reich Color Meister had to rely on the printed word to get the regulations out. Then you have who-knows-how-many tailors making insignia, buying materials from different manufactureres. Different dye lots and different materials being dyed. Private purchase types who were having uniforms made probably even hand-selected the exact shade they wanted. Add to all that over half a century or age, wear, and sunlight......

In the end, a strap or board seperated from the tunic and without some kind of distinct unit designator is going to be left in the 'best guess' category.

Or is there a trick out there I haven't heard about?

Comment

Nope!

Comment

KJV

Your oberleutnant shoulderboard is gebirgsjäger. No doubt.

Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

Well, This Helps Settle Nothing!!!!!

Great thread, I am proud to have started it. Just got the ornamented Gebirgs tunic I am restoring in the post today. The piping is a darker green. Stripped of insignia, it is stamped to the 8th company of Gebirgsjaeger Regiment 99. Had the Gebirgs patch at one point, as well as an arm shield. I see Heer Weitz has a set of leutnant's boards to the 99th, but they are a little too nice for this tunic.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X